Dealer setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
    PLEK? There isn't one within 200 miles of me, I bet. So, I have no way of knowing if my fret work is "better" or "as good" or "worse." I know it's good, better than anything I've seen on any production guitar, because I take the time to get it just right.

I'm a competent guy, there is no communication barrier between myself the player and myself the "setup guy" and so yeah, I can say that I will do a better job.
    See Sully if you're interested in Plek.. He's getting this done on his stuff.
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by unknown View Post
      I think the thread hijackers need to chill and start their own thread about their agenda. I don't consider someone trying to insult you and force feed their unsolicited off topic agenda over and over again as giving advice.

I understand the intonation, etc. can change when I get the guitar, and I never said I believed the guitar would perfectly stay the same when I got it. But maybe I don't really care about it being 100% perfectly setup either.

I don't see why you think I'd complain about getting a bad setup when all I was looking for is a dealer to check it out and set it up before it got shipped vs. getting it unchecked from Guitar Center. I've already discussed with the shop about them setting it up and needing to tweak it after I get it. So, no point in guessing what I may or may not do when I get the guitar.

If I was looking to debate the best method to learn how to setup a guitar, then I'd have started a thread about it. I know about setting intonation, raising/lowering action and truss rod adjustment as I've done that many times on my current Jackson. But I wouldn't consider myself a setup technician.

But that isn't what this thread was for. This thread was posted for a dealer recommendation. I've got my guitar ordered which fulfills this threads starting topic. So why not lock the thread so the hijackers can start their own thread to discuss their agenda?

Bit of advice "unkown"

Most of the players here have years of experience and have been very helpful members of this board. It's pretty easy to come in, chill, talk guitars, ask questions etc. When I'm seeing here is going to cause you issues with the long term members. It's easier to get help and info when you talk respectfully to the people here. They are one of the nicest and most knowledge driven gear heads on the internet message boards.

I have to admit that your initial private message to me confused me. You didn't introduce yourself to me, you didn't explain who you were, you just start giving me advice abo0ut how our "long term site" should be set up. When I sign on and I get a message from someone named "unknown" it makes me wonder if there's a glitch with the JCF that's blocking out someones name. So when I asked who are you, I didn't need a smart ass answer in return.

So, the bottom line is that instead of getting upset with them, chill out and enjoy being here. you'll get more flies with honey than vinegar and you'll probably get any answer you need.

Welcome to the JCF.
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Hey... you are right up the street from me; I'm in New Hampsha too.
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
          Hey... you are right up the street from me; I'm in New Hampsha too.

where in NH?

Comment

In the middle of nowhere. Between Concord and Keene in a small town called Deering. Right next to Hillsboro. Where the men are men and the sheep are afraid.
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
              In the middle of nowhere. Between Concord and Keene in a small town called Deering. Right next to Hillsboro. Where the men are men and the sheep are afraid.
              LMAO ..nice .. you're not that far from me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
                Bit of advice "unkown"

Most of the players here have years of experience and have been very helpful members of this board. It's pretty easy to come in, chill, talk guitars, ask questions etc. When I'm seeing here is going to cause you issues with the long term members. It's easier to get help and info when you talk respectfully to the people here. They are one of the nicest and most knowledge driven gear heads on the internet message boards.

I have to admit that your initial private message to me confused me. You didn't introduce yourself to me, you didn't explain who you were, you just start giving me advice abo0ut how our "long term site" should be set up. When I sign on and I get a message from someone named "unknown" it makes me wonder if there's a glitch with the JCF that's blocking out someones name. So when I asked who are you, I didn't need a smart ass answer in return.

So, the bottom line is that instead of getting upset with them, chill out and enjoy being here. you'll get more flies with honey than vinegar and you'll probably get any answer you need.

Welcome to the JCF.
                I sent in a message a while back letting you guys know your ads to the right of the page were messed up. One has a permanent "error" message that causes you to have to double click to get back to a previous page.

I agree it's best for everyone to talk respectfully to people. But it is kinda hard to do that when you are responding to insults and flamebaits.
                Last edited by unknown; 07-27-2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
                    LMAO ..nice .. you're not that far from me at all.
                    Have you had enough of this ridiculously hot weather yet? This is unreal.

Comment

:dead:

Comment

Why do some newbies cry when things go off topic? Things sometimes go off topic here at the JCF, and it's always been fun. Lighten up, Francis.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think he's embarrassed, and doesn't want to catch any more crap for being a n00b and therefore wants the thread locked. I personally like this thread and think it should live on forever.

Comment

I don't know about you, but I'm planning on coming back and posting random crap in it pretty much every day... :dunno:

Comment

He keeps calling us thread hijackers... the last (and only) time I heard that term was by a Scandanavian dude who rode around with no shotgun seat. I'm wondering......

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X