reccomended strings for drop g on 25.5 scale tune o matic guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asix View Post
    sorry to bring this back from the dead but would D'Addario 13-56 Jazz Guitar Strings do the job with a heavier thick string (low e). im joining drop g tuning band.
    A lot heavier of a string, I'd think at least a 70 at the minimum. I use 13-56 on my Dinky tuned to C. It was briefly tuned to B, but still a tiny bit floppy.
    My two seven-strings are the only guitars I use for B tuning now, and I use a 59 for the low B (D'Addario 10-59) but I think I'm going to use the GHS Boomers 10-60 set soon as I've always been more of a fan of Boomers, and I think D'Addario's tension is a little lighter.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Just get a fucking bass.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Just get a fucking bass.
        +1
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

OMG why? drop g is boomy and farty sounding at best.
          I was thinking rubber bands too.Whats next dropped Q tuning?
          +1 on getting a bass.
          Buy a 6 string bass and use the lightest bass strings you can find at least it will intonate.
          Last edited by straycat; 01-19-2014, 09:11 PM.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Here is a taste of what it sounds like using a 6 string I hope you don't want to sound like this. http://youtu.be/XJ4-7EhyUkI

Last edited by straycat; 01-19-2014, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Just a heads up if you plan to gig get ready for the sound man not be your friend.
              With all the gigs I work I have seen most of the hard core bands are moving away from super low tunings.Why I have no clue but from the guys I have talked with that seems to be the case.
              More bands are getting away from the cookie monster vocals too which I think is a good thing.
              I think metal music is on the verge of changing again and where it will go who knows.
              Around here death metal (core whatever you call it this week) is fading away as far as active gigging bands.
              The bar owners see the crowd leave when the band fires up isn't a good sign that you will get booked again.
              Last edited by straycat; 01-19-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I'xe gotten down to G# in a seven string with a .70 Nothing larger will fit in the tuner unless you use a tpaer wound string from a 8 string set of ernie balls which is a 74. The nut will have to be recut and the saddles on the bass side will need to be opened up a bit. But once that's done there is no going back to standard without replacing the nut and the saddles on the bass side at least.
                Gil

Comment

Working...
                X