No announcement yet.

Fret work in AZ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you end up having to ship? go with plon! he does very good work and prices are about a third of what you have mentioned...
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

There are many great guys in AZ... in addition to the previously mentioned shops I would also say:

Guitar Electronics
      2350 W. Mission Ln #6
      Phoenix, AZ 85021
      Phone: (602) 861-3056
      *Jackson Authorized Service Center

Bronson Guitarworks
      6830 E 5th Ave #101
      Scottsdale, AZ 85251
      Phone: (480) 941-2636
      *Jackson Authorized Service Center

or perhaps Brent Gutierrez at Boogie Music in Phoenix...
      Endorsing Artist:
      ESP Basses
      Mesa Boogie Amplification
      EMG Pickups
      D'Addario Strings
      Pedaltrain Pedalboards
      Couch Straps
      InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

Forget Bronson.
        They setup my PC1 when it came back from Jackson after some warranty work was done.
        Terrible... my 7 year old daughter can do a better setup.
        Granted this was a few years ago, so maybe they hired a competent tech who knows the difference between a PC1 and a Soloist.
        -Rick

Comment

I have Chuck Cellino do any work I don't do my self. He is a great guy and does quality work. I have known him for about 20 yrs now. We used to work together at a guitar shop.

http://www.cellinoshandcraftedguitars.com/

I have heard stories about Beck too, but he has been cool the few times I have spoken to him. I have never had him do any work on my guitars, but I have heard he is good.

Comment

I have all my work done at Atomic Guitarworks. They do great work at reasonable prices and are great guys too. I wouldn't go anywhere else in the Phoenix area.

Comment

I'm gonna give Precision Guitars a try, this Saturday. I'm gonna start small, and get a re-wire and set-up done, and see how their work looks.

Comment

Let me know how it works out for ya. Honey-do's are almost done..
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                  Let me know how it works out for ya. Honey-do's are almost done..
                  All right, I should be heading back up there next weekend to pick it up.

Comment

Got the guitar back from Precision finally, and have had the opportunity to play it a little bit. First, the setup is very well done. Andrew got the strings lower than I thought possible, and no buzz, anywhere. The intonation is perfect, as well.

Secondly, the re-wire is better than the way it came out of the factory. The guy must have OCD, because the work is flawless. No tape, anywhere in the control cavity, and the soldering is top-notch.

My biggest plus for Precision, is that Andrew did everything I asked him to do, exactly the way I asked for it to be done. I picked the pots, the switch, and strings, and they did the rest. This was the bestg part, since Richard Beck told me my string choice was idiotic, and then put the same strings back on the guitar.

I'm gonna use Precision again, on a couple of other guitars I have, for set-ups. The only down side is that they're so far away for me.
                    Last edited by kevhogAZ; 06-16-2010, 11:53 PM. Reason: I'm forgetfull

Comment

Excellent! I'm planning on getting the Soloist Pro over there... sometime. Stupid part is my gear is all in a corner right now. Sitting there... waiting for me to paint the music room and move my stuff in... good time to take it in.. Fuck, I'm a lazy POS!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                        Excellent! I'm planning on getting the Soloist Pro over there... sometime. Stupid part is my gear is all in a corner right now. Sitting there... waiting for me to paint the music room and move my stuff in... good time to take it in.. Fuck, I'm a lazy POS!!
                        I'm gonna have to get my new RR24M up there, and my Gunslinger retro, as well. They both need set-ups, so I might as well have them do both!
                        Last edited by kevhogAZ; 06-17-2010, 07:15 PM.

Comment

I know I'm late since I don't get on here a lot, and rarely post, but came across this one... figured I'd reply. I'm Paull Wulffson and I am Wulffson Customs out here in Gilbert, AZ. Normally I am building guitars from scratch, but I am doing repair work as well lately. Fret levels are no problem for the most part, My problem is that I don't have all the tricks and tools to do proper refrets on some guitars and will usually try and refer customers to the shops that do that all the time (and have more that 3 sizes of fret wire)

The guys at Precision are great at what they do and are at the top of my recommend list for the locals. They've also been here the longest. Glad you chose them!
                          http://www.wulffson.com

Comment

Like I said, I am completely happy with the work Precision did, and I too have no problem referring somebody to their shop.

Comment

Fret work kinda got put on hold for a bit. I started playing the guitar a bit more and am not really bonding with the EMG's in it. I want to figure that out before I get the work done so after it's refretted and set up, I can play instead of screw with pups and wiring. I'm probably going to ship it to plon for the fret work. Price is right and can't ignore what I've seen and people's praise of his work.

Comment

http://banddguitarrepair.com/

Billy's fretjobs are incredible, just let him know if you need it quick, cause he usually has a pretty good backlog of work. Just a mile north of the 101 freeway off 7th Ave in Phoenix. He usually has about 30 guitars hanging in the back waiting for work, very cool and knowledgeable dude, talk yer arm off.
                                Charvel San Dimas, So Cal, WDM Swords, M4, 650XL
                                Clapton Fool SG, Fender Special Strat, EJ Strat, Baja Tele
                                Gibson R8 LP, Edwards 125/ALS LP, 98/LTC LP, Dean Z79
                                EBMM Axis, Axis SS, Luke III, Silo, Epi ES-339
                                EVH Bumblebee, Kramer 5150, Fractal Audio AX8

Comment

Working...
                                X