No announcement yet.

OMG!! WTF!!!! What now????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesnt even make sense though, the ground in reference to the hot is ground, so therefore the ground doesnt have the potential to reciprocate the voltage. The neutral in reference to ground is also ground, but the neutral in reference to hot is hot. That sounds confusing, I know, but thats how it works, you dont test AC voltage by going to ground, you test it by going hot to neutral.
    Last edited by Twitch; 04-10-2010, 04:48 AM.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Sorry for the derailment Riff.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
        It doesnt even make sense though, the ground in reference to the hot is ground, so therefore the ground doesnt have the potential to reciprocate the voltage. The neutral in reference to ground is also ground, but the neutral in reference to hot is hot.
        ????

In most applications you'll find that the ground and nuetral are tied into the same buss in the breaker. So, I'm inferring that the possibility he was talking about would be with 'worn' wiring ~ meaning that the resistence would be different between these legs.

Here's a brief description of why this is done :
        http://www.epanorama.net/documents/g..._separate.html

* I also apologize for the derailment *
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
          ????

In most applications you'll find that the ground and nuetral are tied into the same buss in the breaker. So, I'm inferring that the possibility he was talking about would be with 'worn' wiring ~ meaning that the resistence would be different between these legs.

Here's a brief description of why this is done :
          http://www.epanorama.net/documents/g..._separate.html

* I also apologize for the derailment *
          I understand that the ground could become isolated from neutral, but my point is simply that the hot should never purposely be given a direct path to ground. Thats a big no no in AC electric. And the ground isnt tied to neutral at the breaker but at one single point on the neutral buss in the panel. Ground isnt part of the circuit as it is in DC electric. In AC, think of ground as a plan B, it gives any rogue power a safe place to go(ie, not back to the equipment. However, if youre in line with the ground and the hot, then youll be the path to ground.

One problem he could have is a loose neutral in which case if something else were to be turned on thats connected to the circuit with the loose neutral, everything on that circuit will receive more power than it did before the extra load was added. Therefore causing a spike in voltage to the amp but not enough voltage to blow the fuse on the mains fuse of the amp.

Comment

Guys, The issue is with a tube , not in my outlet. I had already stated, but I guess someone didn't read it, but the 3 amps, have all had different issues, it isn't that this is the 3rd amp that has been blowing fuses, the first two had totally seperate issues
            Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Ok , so I got the new tubes from Peavey today, everythings works and they sound great, but this particular pair of tubes seem to put off more heat than the other sets( in this and the other 2 amps) and you can actually smell the heat if that makes sense. Is this something that is normal with a new set of tubes or can some tubes just run hotter than others.

Keep in mind that my amp is a fixed Bias amp and they (Were Supposed) to send me the right tubes matched up for it.

I don't remember how hot the tubes got in my MArshall, they were back behind a metal screen, these are pretty much out in the open.

Comment

Hey Riff. I know the ones I got from eurotubes are a "hand picked" set with a rating that will put out higher gain with the fixed bias of my Ultra Plus. The rating that they are makes the amp run at a higher bias voltage. And I can feel that they run hotter (heat) too. So the ones they sent you may be a different rating (don't know what the rating is) and run hotter. Do you notice a difference in the gain? Mine was very noticeably tighter and more modern sounding distortion but it was also going from sovteks to JJ's so that probably made a difference too.
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Warlock,

Well, I notice a few different things with these tubes, the amp seems louder, brighter and yea a little more gain, but I just figured that was due to having a bad tube in it to start with.

They sent me the same kinda tubes, Ruby I mean they don't sound bad but I have heard so much bad crap about Ruby Tubes. These aren't marked with any kind of markings on them either.

Comment

Working...
                  X