No announcement yet.

Dinky French project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info, ethanos. I had heard about the grammar mistakes before on this artwork, but obviously never really knew the specifics.

I just think it looks cool. I've never even taken one french class in my entire life.

Starting to get her strung up now so I can see what all will need adjustment... This will be my first time fully setting up a guitar from scratch (brand new everthing) so wish me luck!

Cheers,
    Chris

Comment

Looks good man!

What did you use for clear?

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
        Looks good man!

What did you use for clear?
        I used Spraymax 2k (2 part) urethane to clear it. Automotive finish so it is pretty tough. Nice option if you don't have a paint gun and compressor like me. If I ever decide to do this more regularly I will likely invest in a spray rig, as this option does get a bit pricey at 20 dollars a can.

Here's a couple more pics of her strung up and "in progress" Thanks again to Alvin_Wilson for the Charvel neck plate and gasket. I think it is a nice touch.

Comment

Hot damn, that looks incredible. You ought to be feeling mighty proud of yourself.

I always thought Warren's "french" guitar was so classy, and I'm not much for graphics...yours is a beaut. I'm so jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
            Hot damn, that looks incredible. You ought to be feeling mighty proud of yourself.

I always thought Warren's "french" guitar was so classy, and I'm not much for graphics...yours is a beaut. I'm so jealous!
            Thanks Chief!

I am pretty proud of it. Not perfect by a mile, but pretty good for a first timer. (I think anyway)

Managed to get the rest of it pretty much done. Still need to dial in the intonation on the Floyd, but the bridge is all setup and adjusted and the neck is shimmed up. Action is pretty darned low (rivals my PC1) throughout and this thing is a player! She sounds great and that neck is the bomb. I love it.

Having completed this one makes me want one of the ProMods even more. Have to start saving my pennies to get hold of one of those new wildcard flat black single hums... (maybe I'll refin that one into a blood/skulls to go with the frenchie) lol

Comment

Amazing job. It really just looks fantastic & is giving me a horrible case of GAS.

Comment

That`s a great job you did... you should be very proud of yourself!

I checked out one of the Wildcard flack blacks today at my local store.. yup, your right.. it would make a perfect 2nd project, I think I might go for it myself.

Get a clip of you playing it as soon as you can and post it out.

Congrats

Pete.
                www.vendetta-theband.com
                www.vendetta-theband.com
                www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Working...
                X