Disguisted with EMG's new setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
    I wish all pickup makers would agree on a common connection. I'd love to be able to pop out my JB and throw in a ToneZone without even opening up the back.
    +1
    I agree, why not make a quick connector for passives too? EMG 81 can be swapped like that for e.g. a Duncan blackout.

Comment

Originally posted by CKJ View Post
      Its already going to be a pain trying to fit the 9 volt in w/out hitting the tone pot.
      Instead of using foam, just wrap the battery in electrical tape.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well everything is in but I did managed to find something that just rubbed more salt into the wound. I wired it up (have wired up many guitars from scratch and very very seldom have a problem) and the som-bitchin (gotta love early) neck pup wouldn't register/play anything. So I pulled the plate off and inspected everything, everything looked good to go. The bridge pup would work fine but the neck wasn't doing squat. Then I thought about my many many years of working with electrical wires in both cars, machinery, & guitars and did the good ol wiggle test. Plug it in, wiggle everything in site until something happens. Well surely enough I wiggle the wire coming from the neck pup and it makes a noise at only 1/2 gain as compared to the bridge. I narrow it down to a bad spot in the wire about 1.5-2" away from where it was soldered to the pot. Its not like I had anything to do with it, it just must have had a bad spot from production. Well all is well now besides my haunted piece of wire that's in the trash

BTW: there is a real sweet spot to stick the battery right between the selector switch and the tone pot. I have one of those battery holders that i'm going to get into position and double side stick tape it on the cover.
        Chris

Is there any other brand of guitar...?

My fleet of guitars
        http://www.angelfire.com/va2/ckjones

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
          I wish all pickup makers would agree on a common connection. I'd love to be able to pop out my JB and throw in a ToneZone without even opening up the back.
          +1

It is high time they standardize a pin connection on pickups. Let the cork sniffers that want everything soldered custom order their 'old school' models and those of us who aquire pick ups like my wife aquires shoes be able to plug and play.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
          X