• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the rush?
    Take your time with this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by TDS:TIAYW View Post
      Can I swap my 9-42 set for a 10-46 set directly...or will I need to modify the nut and intonation?

I'd rather be safe.
      Isn't this post about a month early? It's not March 17th yet.

You can change gauges without messing with the nut, but assuming it has a Floyd you will need to re-level the Floyd after putting the new strings on because of the higher gauge strings. Either add another spring or screw the claw in further, or a combination of both. When you have it level again you will need to check the intonation, and it will most likely need adjustments.

Comment

What strings did the USA Charvel pro mods come with? I use Ernie Balls and after cleaning the maple fretboards with steel wool/naptha they are black again after about 5 minutes.
        You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
          Isn't this post about a month early? It's not March 17th yet.

You can change gauges without messing with the nut, but assuming it has a Floyd you will need to re-level the Floyd after putting the new strings on because of the higher gauge strings. Either add another spring or screw the claw in further, or a combination of both. When you have it level again you will need to check the intonation, and it will most likely need adjustments.

No Floyd, so no problem. I'm trying to get a jump on things this year...

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.
            Last edited by TDS:TIAYW; 02-17-2012, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Last edited by TDS:TIAYW; 02-17-2012, 10:56 PM. Reason: Double Post

Comment

Working...
              X