X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK.

Might want to get a spell checker before Ron shows up

Comment

If you're looking at getting Dimarzios and looking at the LiquiFire for the neck, I just dropped the CrunchLab/LiquiFire combo into my Agile LP. Both pups sound fantastic. The CrunchLab is high gain, but cleans up very nicely, making if fairly versatile even without coil splitting, etc. Like you said, if you don't like them you can try something else given Dimarzio's return policy.

Also, depending upon the direction you mount the CrunchLab, you'll get a different tone.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the crunchlab at all. I will check it out.
        Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

The CrunchLab is the bridge pickup designed along with the LiquiFire to make up the new Petrucci set.

Comment

Well, I checked it out and it sounds amazing, but Dimarzio uses the same clip for both the neck and bridge pickup of his. I can't really tell when and IF he is switching back and forth.

I hate it when they only give you one clip of things to begin with. This setup obviusly scorches for leads, but I want to hear chords with them and hear the neck pup clean

Comment

i wouldn't trust the dimarzio clips at all. for the Super 3 they have a clip of Def Lepard's Rock of Ages. that pickup didn't even come out untill 1994... 11 years after that song was recorded.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
                i wouldn't trust the dimarzio clips at all. for the Super 3 they have a clip of Def Lepard's Rock of Ages. that pickup didn't even come out untill 1994... 11 years after that song was recorded.
                Technically, the Super 3 was available in Fender HM Strats before that, but still not when ROA was recorded.

It was available to the general public in 1994.

Comment

Yea Dimarzios clips kinda irritate me, THe Crunch lab AND the liquifire both use the same clip. They (which ever is being used if not both) sound great while Petrucci is wailing away, but I want to hear what they sound like playing chords, and especially with the liquifire, I want to hear it clean.

The description off it says that it is great for chords, but that sound clip does nothing to make that point

Comment

Working...
                  X