No announcement yet.

Need some wiring help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just out of curiosity, if one of the pickups is only 2 wires, how can it be wired out of phase? Doesn't one of the pickups need to be wired in reverse for that?
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
      I believe it had something to do with that weird EMG Select pickup. I pulled it out and put in a 2-wire lace pickup and everything seems to be fine with the same wiring set up. Thanks to everyone who helped me out with this. That was the weirdest wiring I have come across. I just wish I knew which Duncan pickup this was. While I had it open I checked the back of it and all it said was Seymour Duncan made in the USA and had a little sticker with a B on it. Oh well, at least it sounds good.
      If you have a multimeter, measure the resistance of the pickup. You can look it up in the Seymour Duncan spec sheets to determine which pickup it matches. Double-check by looking at the pole configuration.

The easiest way to do this with the pickup mounted, is just to select only that pickup, with the volume all the way up. Plug a cable in the guitar and just measure between the tip and the sleeve.

Comment

Originally posted by rstites View Post
        If you have a multimeter, measure the resistance of the pickup. You can look it up in the Seymour Duncan spec sheets to determine which pickup it matches. Double-check by looking at the pole configuration.

The easiest way to do this with the pickup mounted, is just to select only that pickup, with the volume all the way up. Plug a cable in the guitar and just measure between the tip and the sleeve.
        Thanks for that, rstites. I did look it up, and it's a SD Invader. Seems to be a pretty nice pickup. The Lace 'bucker in the neck seems to compliment it pretty well too.
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
        X