No announcement yet.

OFR help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i prefer the steve vai method: stuffing toilet paper under the springs. works like a charm
    The devil takes my mind but I don't care. He let me breathe. He gives me air

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shreddy View Post
      Floydupgrades.com has noiseless springs. They're black and look coated, if you wanted to pay, might give them a try?
      +1 Let us know how these work out if you get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shreddy View Post
        Floydupgrades.com has noiseless springs. They're black and look coated, if you wanted to pay, might give them a try?
        +1 I have these in my main guitar and they help quite a bit...will probably throw a few more sets in guitars I use frequently...

Comment

Originally posted by sharkfinnish View Post
          i prefer the steve vai method: stuffing toilet paper under the springs. works like a charm
          That's what I use. Costs pennies and works just fine.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by sharkfinnish View Post
            But, isn't Steve afraid that the springs might not return to zero?

Comment

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
              It sounds like there's not enough clearance between the springs and the body, are they catching slightly?
              I had a similar problem on 'skully', I use 3 springs normally. It came set up with 2, given my playing style - this would not work. I installed the 3rd spring as I normally would and noise, poor performance, etc.....

So <gasp> I took out my exacto knife set and removed possibly 32cd+/-(in the contact area.It should be visible to the naked eye) and the problem was solved.

But I love reverb and prolly use to much
              I just hate a floyd not living up to it's potential.
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
              X