No announcement yet.

Charvel So-Cal Floyd Rose Saddle Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a set of Graptech String Saver Classics for my hardtail Strat... Mostly because they were the only decent set of gold solid saddles I could find.

So far, I like how they work, and they seem to sound just fine... They better save some damned strings, for what they cost, I could have bought the whole Gotoh bridge just to rob the saddles from it.

Comment

Didn't intend to say anything was for sale in the first place.

anyway, I cracked one immediately upon installation and graphtech sent me a new one...A string popped out last night as well...So much for saving strings... I never broke a string once with the cheapo saddles.

I didn't notice much difference in tone/sustain either, if any

:think:
      Charvel So-Cal
      -Custom Warmoth Pickguard
      -SD Custom TB, SD Antiquity Neck
      -Schaller FR Arm/Bushing
      -Schaller Strap Locks
      -CTS Push/Push pot
      -3-Way Switch, 2 Vol

Comment

Originally posted by Steve069 View Post

I didnt check the option to have the first pot hole on the pickguard moved down an inch away from the typical position next to the humbucker..My pinky rests in there and alot of times im messing up the volume.
        Warmoth's control locations are stupid. The "Delonge" or whatever location looks dumb with a second knob anyway.

Just order one with no controls and drill your own.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
          Just order one with no controls and drill your own.
          +1

I also told them they should look at the hole location from the Dave Murray Strat since the volume is moved just a little further away (to make room for the pickup rings - Dave's rings were actually cut around the pickup knob). The guy at Warmoth thought it would be a good idea... but....
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve069 View Post
            Didn't intend to say anything was for sale in the first place.

anyway, I cracked one immediately upon installation and graphtech sent me a new one...A string popped out last night as well...So much for saving strings... I never broke a string once with the cheapo saddles.

I didn't notice much difference in tone/sustain either, if any

:think:
            Hmmm...more discouraging news. I have a feeling I'm going to be raping a Gotoh or something for saddles in the near future...already using the saddles I took off this one on another Floyd rebuild -scored a cool older MIG baseplate on Ebay...ah, but speaking of the 'bay, think I have a saved seller that does the decent aftermarket saddles. If I find them I'll post it here...

Comment

Can Steve or anybody else who has removed the saddles from one of these MIK trems do me a favor and see if a magnet sticks to them? I'm curious to know if they're steel or if they're zinc like on the FR Special.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                Can Steve or anybody else who has removed the saddles from one of these MIK trems do me a favor and see if a magnet sticks to them? I'm curious to know if they're steel or if they're zinc like on the FR Special.
                Magnets stick to the saddles
                Charvel So-Cal
                -Custom Warmoth Pickguard
                -SD Custom TB, SD Antiquity Neck
                -Schaller FR Arm/Bushing
                -Schaller Strap Locks
                -CTS Push/Push pot
                -3-Way Switch, 2 Vol

Comment

Working...
                X