• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matt_b View Post
    heh, i take those off too.
    +1 :d

Comment

I leave it on.

Comment

I take em off... Ive got a pile of about 50 of em!

Aside from trem covers, I like my guitars to be 100% complete, so the truss rod covers ALWAYS stay.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I like the completed look so they're on. When I adjust my guitars, it's an all day ritual that I like to do so removing/installing covers is no issue. Everyone knows to stay away from me when I have my guitar setup days. That's ME TIME!!!
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

off 100% of the time.

Comment

Trussrod covers and trem cavity plates are usually always off for good once I take them off for an adjustment, unless the trussrod cover is engraved (KV Pro, etc), then I'll put it back on.

Then again, I run across my Concert V trussrod cover once in a while and think "HEY, there it is! I need to put that back on" but never do

I've had so many backplates that rattled because the screw holes were sloppy that I got to where I left them off.

Control cavity covers, though, I hate leaving those off. I end up stripping a wire off a connection otherwise
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Leave them on. I like things to look complete. I don't adjust things that much - sure it's a pain in the ass to take a cover off to retune a guitar to a different tuning, but what's an extra minutes screwing....
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

the first thing that comes off and stays off is the back plate

Comment

I always put them back.
                    A dozen guitars...things tend to get mixed up and lost.
                    I actively play 7 of them at any given time and they stay on wall hangers.

Comment

Since I have to adjust the screws for the trem almost everyday, it's always off. Actually I also heard it can help improve tone by leaving it off.
                      Originally posted by Hellbat
                      Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

I always leave the plate on. It only comes off when I'm having pickups and/or the trem changed. This is only done to one of my two guitars, and it's got to the stage whereby the screws have been stripped.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFriedmanIsMaster View Post
                          Since I have to adjust the screws for the trem almost everyday, it's always off. Actually I also heard it can help improve tone by leaving it off.
                          I've heard it also improves your sustain. Something about the plate dampening the resonant frequencies of the body or something.

And I believe it also helps you play faster, since there's less wind resistance.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

For me if the guitar is used live or If I play it in a band situation than it stays off as these guitars get more string changes. The way I've always looked at it is the fewer amount of times those screws are taken in and out the less of a chance the holes will become stripped. I do prefer the look of them on though (obviously),

Comment

I have yet to build or own a guitar with the trem spring cover. The guitars I use to own that weren't ones that I built, didn't have their covers long.
                              Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                              http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

I leave them off. The guitars I build for myself I dont even bother recessing for a spring plate nor do I drill holes for a plate 'cause they are never going to have a plate

Comment

Working...
                                X