Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    Actually, it depends on the neck.
    I don't doubt there are some differences, but as long as they're from similar "families" (both 22 or 24 fret) it's worth a shot at bolting it on. The CNC'd stuff, if it was cut using the same dimensions, is almost certain to fit very well.

You make a good point though, if there was a machining change or even if the parts are a combination from different factories (USA, Indian, Japanese) then I could totally see this not being a smooth fit.

And we've all seen some weirdness with neck heels (like those red ghost flame DK2's from Musician's Friend, with the tilted pocket/heels) that PROBABLY shouldn't be that way but DEFINITELY would cause some weird issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Actually, no. I'm still a Mad Scientist
      Heh, I'm sure you remembered that I have one of your creations in my collection...
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My DXMGT neck came in today and it's perty. \m/

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Heh, I'm sure you remembered that I have one of your creations in my collection...
          Yeah but I wasn't the one who butchered that Star. I got it that way. It was a v-trem converted to a Kahler then to a Floyd, and maaaaan, that looked rough

$950 out the window on that one - I shoulda read the thread here about it before buying it. But hey, I got $360+ for the plate
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grahf View Post
            hahahhaha you'd be surprised.. I have some horror stories
            Then those guys were in over their head and shouldn´t be working on guitars.

Any real luthier (Newc already alluded to part of the difference) is capable of shaving wood of the sides and bottom of a neck pocket to make a comparable neck fit, as well as adding wood to make a smaller neck fit snugly.

Comment

The neck didn't work out so I'll be selling it on E-bay. The neck on my JS is pretty good though for a beginner (which I am).

Comment

Working...
              X