No announcement yet.

Fretboard... lifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take the saddles off and see if they are in the proper order low-med-high-high-med-low, or if they are shimmed as Toe said.

Comment

I've got them all off. They were just put on willy-nilly; the guy didn't even check to see, I guess. A few of the blocks were stuck, too, so I've got each saddle soaking in WD-40 to loosen them up.

Comment

Alright, quick update: Every saddle block was cracked! Big surprise, I know... shoulda surmised that when almost all of them were stuck. But, I finally got them all out.

If I order a new set sized to fit an OFR, will those fit this trem--the JT-590, right?

Comment

yeah, you should be fine.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

OFR saddles have a different radius than JT590/Schaller blocks, so you may need to shim them.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Alright, quick update: was able to actually order NOS Jackson parts for this bridge. Wicked! While I was at it, I'm getting a new set of saddle lock-down bolts for my Soloist. As soon as all those arrive, this thing's getting put back together! All the electronics work, and the neck was playing like butter when it was strung up. This is a wicked instrument.

Comment

I think the buyer was right, that neck is screwed. Take it off immediately and send it to me for proper disposal.
                |My CSG gallery|
                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
                X