Tonezone vs. JB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
    I've heard some JB's sound fucking great, and I've heard some that sound fucking terrible. So terrible that I've never bought one because I didn't want to risk getting a "bad one".

I had a Tone Zone in a guitar I had for a while, and I really loved it. I've been meaning to get another one because it's great for lead guitar. Was pretty Racer X and VH sounding.
    But Shred Jason Becker used a JB
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
      And Marty used a JB or SH-3 all through the Megadeth years, I thought it sounded pretty good.
      Originally posted by Hellbat
      Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
        I'm very well aware. Read my post again.
        Originally posted by horns666
        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Well ill be picking up a tonezone (unless i sudenly change my mind) this Wed, im thinking about installing it myself all you realy need is a sautering iron right? How hard is it to install pickups?, because ive never done it before.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
            I'm very well aware. Read my post again.
            I know I was just messing with you.
            Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Hey shred what PU do you have in the soloist pro
              Jackson Shred

Comment

Originally posted by RR666 View Post
                Well ill be picking up a tonezone (unless i sudenly change my mind) this Wed, im thinking about installing it myself all you realy need is a sautering iron right? How hard is it to install pickups?, because ive never done it before.
                I'm not sure how hard it would be with a sautering iron. I've never used one of those to install a pickup..

Sorry man, I just couldn't resist.
                Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Just keep in mind that Duncan and Dimarzio don't use the same wire color scheme. So when you install the Tone Zone don't simply solder the wires the way they were with the Duncan if thats what you're removing. Follow the Dimarzio included wiring diagram. I forget the colors and where they go.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFriedmanIsMaster View Post
                    And Marty used a JB or SH-3 all through the Megadeth years, I thought it sounded pretty good.
                    When did he use an SH-3 Stag Mag? http://www.seymourduncan.com/product.../sh3_stag_mag/
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Read my post on soldering on this thread about halfway down the page: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...29#post1286829

Comment

Thanks Trussrod that helped alot.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by RR666

I'm not sure how hard it would be with a sautering iron. I've never used one of those to install a pickup..

Sorry man, I just couldn't resist.

Comment

I've got a ToneZone that's moved around all of my guitars, and sounded good in them all.
                          I like the 'smoother' sound of a mid/bottom heavy pup, losing top end 'ching' isn't something that upsets me
                          If you play mostly overdriven, and don't mind it not cleaning up too well, this could suit you nicely

Comment

Thanks Trussrod that helped alot.
                            This thread might be helpful too:
                            http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98857

Comment

doesn't like dokken or ratt?
                              jackson pc-1 chameleon
                              charvel model 4
                              prs ce-24 emerald green
                              ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
                              jackson rr ps 3t
                              ibanez rg 770 lazer red
                              engl thunder 50
                              ibanez rg 565
                              mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

for me a jb is much better in a floyd equipt guitar than a tonezone for the fact that there are some harmonics on the g string that the tone zone just dont grab (because of more highs as mentioned before) but the tonezone definitely has a thicker midrange.(used both in the same guitar)
                                jackson pc-1 chameleon
                                charvel model 4
                                prs ce-24 emerald green
                                ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
                                jackson rr ps 3t
                                ibanez rg 770 lazer red
                                engl thunder 50
                                ibanez rg 565
                                mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

Working...
                                X