No announcement yet.

HELP! I need to know what clear coat to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should be able to find the spray 2k clear at an automotive paint supply store. SEM is the brand. There are other companies who may make it, but I am only familiar with the SEM brand of catalized clear coat in aerosol.
    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

hi again. I checked with several automotive parts stores and none have heard of 2k clear. is it the brand name, or company name? if I cant find it, will anything else work the same? one store owner painted a custom freddy kruger guitar and he said he used chevy truck epoxy in a can. i'm not sure about that one! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by axe_calibur View Post
        hi again. I checked with several automotive parts stores and none have heard of 2k clear. is it the brand name, or company name? if I cant find it, will anything else work the same? one store owner painted a custom freddy kruger guitar and he said he used chevy truck epoxy in a can. i'm not sure about that one! lol.
        You have to go to an automotive paint store - not autozone. You should be able to find Finishmaster or Sherwin Williams. You might also go to a collision repair or motorcycle paint shop. For the amount you are looking for, they may hook you up cheap. I did this and found a great guy that gives me tips and mixes colors for me right at his shop. And I don't have to buy quarts of certain colors that I will never use again. If nothing else, they can usually steer you to a supplier.

Comment

Ask Sully about rattle can painting he did that with a lespaul he fixed the neck on and restored. that thing came out bangin.

Comment

Working...
          X