No announcement yet.

Strange Vibrations on Rhoads Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I know it won't happen over night. I just wonder how different it will be in 20-40 years.
    Sorry, I sorta hijacked this thread.
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I know I haven posted here in awhile but I think you people who dont know what the fuck your talking about need to just shut the fuck up. Just go over your whole guitar bro, check every screw on the guitar body and the guitar neck. Check your springs, check anything you think it might be. All of you ignorant people telling this person to just dump the guitar can go to fucking hell. If you dont know what the fuck your talking about just keep your damn pie hole shut. We dont need noob advise, and we sure as fuck dont need any smart ass advise. I hope you find out what is wrong with your guitar and i wish you the best of luck. Oh and sorry Toe I had to get that off my chest after seeing assholes run thier mouths on here for so long.......peaCce BlitZ >-

Comment

Originally posted by blitz View Post
        I know I haven posted here in awhile but I think you people who dont know what the fuck your talking about need to just shut the fuck up. Just go over your whole guitar bro, check every screw on the guitar body and the guitar neck. Check your springs, check anything you think it might be. All of you ignorant people telling this person to just dump the guitar can go to fucking hell. If you dont know what the fuck your talking about just keep your damn pie hole shut. We dont need noob advise, and we sure as fuck dont need any smart ass advise. I hope you find out what is wrong with your guitar and i wish you the best of luck. Oh and sorry Toe I had to get that off my chest after seeing assholes run thier mouths on here for so long.......peaCce BlitZ >-
        Hey genius, wasn't telling him to dump the guitar, based on the smile, a person with a BRAIN could tell that I was jokingly trying to tell him to give me the guitar. By the way, did you turn your computer on all by yourself this morning?
        I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

OK guys, thx for your answers so far. I'm gonna change the springs back to the old ones today and if I still have these vibrations I'll check the truss rod - we'll see if that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
            Hey genius, wasn't telling him to dump the guitar, based on the smile, a person with a BRAIN could tell that I was jokingly trying to tell him to give me the guitar. By the way, did you turn your computer on all by yourself this morning?
            Wow who pissed in you cereal blitz? WTF was that all about man? It was absolutely obvious Jacksonguy666 was not serious about the OP either dumping the guitar or abandoning hope and giving it away. If you took his post as a serious request, you should really take a class, watch an instructuinal video find something out there that teaches humor and sarcastic context/content.

On a lighter note, to the OP, try wrapping the springs with Teflon tape. It should deaden any resonance that they might be transmitting, or wedge a soft wash sponge under them. Either one
            especially the sponge should do the job. Good luck!!

Bill
            Last edited by bombtek; 09-03-2009, 07:43 AM.
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Wow.. Big pissing contest....If he's feeling the odd vibration in the neck,especially around the first fret,I seriously doubt it's a spring issue but weirder things have happened.

Comment

I see no problem with blitz's reply. There was no need for Dred and J-guy to go off on a tangent. Yeah yeah, the old tired joke of "send it to me I'll dispose of it" - yawn. Get a new joke.

As for no-one's issue, it could be the trem springs, especially if you replaced the ones that were originally on it. OR it could be the strings between the nut and tuners.
                You DID say you hit the strings fairly hard, and this is usually when this type of issue comes up.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The springs were fucked up - as soon as I changed to another set I didn't have these vibrations on the neck any more

thx for your help guys

Comment

Glad it turned out to be something easy. It's always a crap shoot on isolating resonant noises on guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by no-one View Post
                      The springs were fucked up - as soon as I changed to another set I didn't have these vibrations on the neck any more

thx for your help guys
                      :think:
                      I am way too lazy to look back, but I could've sworn you said you already changed them.

Comment

:think:
                        I am way too lazy to look back, but I could've sworn you said you already changed them.
                        Wow.

You know, I try to be nice on here, but if you can't be bothered to read and understand the request for help, please do not come into the thread and crap it up with worthless posts.

Just something to think about, guy!

Comment

Actually, I think it's broken beyond repair. You should just give up on it. You would have to pay to dump it at the dump, so I'll pay the shipping, tha way you can ship it to me, and I'll dispose of it for you.
                          That is awesome of you. If I have an issue with my Jacksons I will totally keep you in mind for proper disposal.
                          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

+1 It's driving me nuts too and I'm pretty sure we aren't the only ones.

And, OP, it's good you got your issue dealt with. I had the same issue on my Soloist when I got it so I got some different springs and the problem was solved. I do the paper towel thing on my DK2 but I do not use the trem so it does not affect me at all and keeps the springs dead silent.
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                              Wow.

You know, I try to be nice on here, but if you can't be bothered to read and understand the request for help, please do not come into the thread and crap it up with worthless posts.

I don't want to pile on or belabor this too much, but the public part of this site is (or at least was) known as one of the best, no bs resources on the web for people having real tech issues with their guitars. It shows up high on Google searches for almost any guitar-related problem. A little goofing off here & there is no biggie, but maybe at least wait until the question gets answered?

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                                Wow.

What?:think:
                                I just read it back, he said he changed them in his VERY FIRST post.

Comment

Working...
                                X