No announcement yet.

So how do I get into NAMM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of badges with your name on it, what year was it that we all had passes like Robert Planet, and more of the like? Who remembers all the fictitious, spun names? There were a a few that were quite funny! I think McD had something to do with those, no?
    Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Dan Lawrence used to do that but they clamped down on it
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

My buddy Nub went with us last year. He had a pass from Pearl Drums. they put NUB on his pass. I insisted that he drop his pant and really show them how he got his name. The entry guard wasnt humored. They gave him shit until some one came up and could verify that he was NUB from Orange County Choppers...AHAHAHAHAHA.. It was a classic moment. Few people know his name is Robert.
        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
          My buddy Nub went with us last year. He had a pass from Pearl Drums. they put NUB on his pass. I insisted that he drop his pant and really show them how he got his name. The entry guard wasnt humored. They gave him shit until some one came up and could verify that he was NUB from Orange County Choppers...AHAHAHAHAHA.. It was a classic moment. Few people know his name is Robert.
          Thats too funny. Maybe this year one security person will say to the other as you guys approach: "Its o.k. I remember him from last year, thats NUB, I already checked him before"
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Shibs View Post
            I always give passes and transportation to my top buyers! If someone buys $15,000.00 worth of gear in one year, they get free hotel as well!

As for the public going to the NAMM show, I do agree that they should sell tickets to the public, but the problem is the space. Saturday alone will probably net over 60 thousand people... I remember last year was just a nightmare to move around sometimes. Slash was signing at the Marshall booth and it was absolutely impossible to pass by the booth to get somewhere, it was a traffic jam.
            *** Thats how we got to go last year,my brother in law spent $18K at
            Bizarre guitar in Phx...this year he spent $500.00! And were not going!

Comment

Working...
            X