Demmelition V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
    Damn, that is sweet! I've thought about a KV2 for a long time, but have not taken the leap because a couple issues, in order of importance:
    1. thin frets (my biggest dislike with the KV2)
    2. pups, the Duncans are ok
    3. volume knob in the way
    Can someone enlighten me as to what the difference is concerning the frets of this guitar and the frets of the KV2? Does the KV2 and the SL2H share the same fretboard?

Comment

• Originally posted by phill_up View Post
      Can someone enlighten me as to what the difference is concerning the frets of this guitar and the frets of the KV2? Does the KV2 and the SL2H share the same fretboard?
      The board itself should be similar, but the frets on the KV2 are thinner than the jumbo frets used on most Jacksons. That's how Dave liked them, and that carried over from the KV1 to the KV2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
        The board itself should be similar, but the frets on the KV2 are thinner than the jumbo frets used on most Jacksons. That's how Dave liked them, and that carried over from the KV1 to the KV2.

I like them that way too..

It does make it a little harder to play 4 or 5 string chords past the 12 th fret though.

Comment

• I can assure al of you in regards to black binding that Phil really wanted that on his signature guitar. Let me tell you this guitar plays and sounds amazing!

Comment

• Considering buzz around these guitars, I'm surprised I haven't seen much (any?) feedback here on the forums. Has anyone picked one of these up yet?
            Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

• I want one bad... but i'm broke as a joke!
              USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
              USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

• Originally posted by RD View Post
                I want one bad... but i'm broke as a joke!
                Same here.....hopefully by the time I can afford it they'll offer a trans model.
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

• Tried it out, wasn't as good as i expected unfortunately. Among the 3 new models, the RR5FR was probably the best.

Oh yeah, here's some pronz for you guys.

Comment

• Wow, that Demmelition is really starting to grow on me. Might have to buy one at some point...

Comment

• Are they available anywhere? Except Piney Hills?
                      I was on a trip to Berlin this week and went to every guitar store I could find... I found 27 Jacksons and 5 Charvels, even a new RR24M (which came out at least half a year later, didn't it?), but no Demmel. The guys at that store said they had no idea when the Demmels would arrive.
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

• Originally posted by fatboythin View Post
                        Tried it out, wasn't as good as i expected unfortunately. Among the 3 new models, the RR5FR was probably the best.

Oh yeah, here's some pronz for you guys.

Thanks for the pics! So what was wrong with the Demmel?
                        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

• No prob. Don't know, it just didn't feel as good as the other two. Very plastic-ish, felt like a toy compared to the other two. The tone is almost the same as the RR24M, just a little darker. Mostly i just didn't like how it felt in my hands. Could just be me though.

Btw, i'm in Malaysia, so i am quite shocked that we got these models quite fast too. Haha.

Comment

• Is that the new Bentley showroom?

Fuck, I'm pretty surprised they've got them in too!!

Btw, I'm from PJ, in NZ for uni currently though.

Comment

• Wow, another Malaysian here, cool. And yeah, thats the new one in Mutiara Damansara. About 10+ times larger than the old showroom at BB. Maybe a little more larger than that even, haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by sakeido View Post
                                Too many people on this forum focus way too much on cosmetics... I understand that this is all relative and I can't really call someone on their taste. I certainly draw the line when it comes to some things.. won't pay for a purple guitar for instance. But when someone puts out a guitar, that has unique specs, with no comparable guitars from other manufacturers, and then people don't buy it because the inlays are made of a different material or complain that the binding isn't that obvious, I really wonder if they understand what the point of a guitar is?

Of course, but like you said, you wouldn't pay for a purple guitar, well, i wouldn't for black binding, unless it was a maple board, otherwise black binding on ebony is retarded. I don't like it at all, or see the point of even having it on there.

it's like having a black car, with black pinstriping...

Comment

Working...
                                X