No announcement yet.

Demmelition V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supposedly Phil actually wanted the black binding, but I'm not sure I buy that story...

Comment

Matt will check back with Jackson about the inlay material and logo.
      http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80942
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

For Christ's Sake, shut the fuck up about black binding.
        A black bound ebony board looks super clean and nice. Any other color would look stupid.

Comment

I'm being told the inlays are mother of pearl.
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Also, these start shipping at the end of April or early May.
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
              I'm being told the inlays are mother of pearl.
              Sounds cool! If that's true I will purchase one

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
                Sounds cool! If that's true I will purchase one
                So you would not buy the guitar if it had MOTO inlays? That's stupid. The guitar will play and sound exactly the same either way, and the difference between inlays is only obvious when you are right up close to the guitar..

What could your reasoning be? "A guitar this expensive should have MOP!" Fuck that. The guitar is 100% functionally the same either way. If I am spending $1400 on a guitar, then I am paying the cash for the playability and tone.. not a super small difference on the inlays. Its a gloss finished guitar so it is going to look like shit after a couple years of playing anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by sakeido View Post
                  So you would not buy the guitar if it had MOTO inlays? That's stupid. The guitar will play and sound exactly the same either way, and the difference between inlays is only obvious when you are right up close to the guitar..

What could your reasoning be? "A guitar this expensive should have MOP!" Fuck that. The guitar is 100% functionally the same either way. If I am spending $1400 on a guitar, then I am paying the cash for the playability and tone.. not a super small difference on the inlays. Its a gloss finished guitar so it is going to look like shit after a couple years of playing anyway.
                  I agree. I never really cared about binding or inlays too much.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

For Christ's Sake, shut the fuck up about black binding.
                    A black bound ebony board looks super clean and nice. Any other color would look stupid.
                    Yeah 90% of all USA Jacksons look sooo stupid...

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                      Yeah 90% of all USA Jacksons look sooo stupid...
                      White binding wouldn't work on a guitar this pointy... it be like "lol look guys I'm like a pointy gibson!" and ivoroid binding would detract from the metalness of the shape as well.. especially on the black and red ones. I prefer the import sig over Demmel's customs personally.
                      Black binding really cleans up the cosmetics of the guitar, makes it look real sharp, and sets it apart from all the Ibbys that cost almost as much but come with unbound boards.

I wonder what people will say when my custom shows up with black binding? The Jackson CS rep recommended it.

Comment

You can't judge peoples liking man that would be wrong. If a guitar player wants a mop logo/inlay and if the guitar doesn't contains them , he/she has the right to not to buy that product. Some people prefers sound over cosmetic and some don't. Not everyone is you. I myself like the guitar but black binding is just bullshit. Ok its not effecting the tone but i still don't like it. What to do. Some people are just diffrent.

Comment

Black binding doesn't clean anything up. You can't even see it unless you look very closely at the guitar. To me it might as well just be unbound - save the time and money.

Comment

Originally posted by destructin_od View Post
                            You can't judge peoples liking man that would be wrong. If a guitar player wants a mop logo/inlay and if the guitar doesn't contains them , he/she has the right to not to buy that product. Some people prefers sound over cosmetic and some don't. Not everyone is you. I myself like the guitar but black binding is just bullshit. Ok its not effecting the tone but i still don't like it. What to do. Some people are just diffrent.
                            Too many people on this forum focus way too much on cosmetics... I understand that this is all relative and I can't really call someone on their taste. I certainly draw the line when it comes to some things.. won't pay for a purple guitar for instance. But when someone puts out a guitar, that has unique specs, with no comparable guitars from other manufacturers, and then people don't buy it because the inlays are made of a different material or complain that the binding isn't that obvious, I really wonder if they understand what the point of a guitar is?

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                              Black binding doesn't clean anything up. You can't even see it unless you look very closely at the guitar. To me it might as well just be unbound - save the time and money.
                              Then again , some people might want to change the black binding with white. It is possible. The neck has the space for binding allready. Just my opinion anyways.

Comment

Half the people complaining about the black binding probably wouldn't even buy the guitar if it had white or ivoroid binding anyway.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X