Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bone Tone!!!
    I love it.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I actually like it. I do kind of miss my Wolfgang. Some day I would like to have another one, along with an EBMM EVH or Axis, and one of the new ones just for kicks.

Comment

My '95 Trans purple top shelf Wolfie is the best sounding guitar I ever owned. It is a "keeper" for life. Not because I'm an ol' Eddie fanboy (which I am)...but it's one hell of a geetar!!!

It just sceams quality in every way, shape and form whenever I'm holding/playing it!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Nice guitars... Shame they're so fugly.... hahaha....

Is that ummm, "teletubby" purple? heehee...

Comment

Sucks that no one can tell EVH no. I mean, who at Fender saw that headstock and didn't think to themselves "WTF?". Yet, no one had the balls to say, "Hey Ed, that looks fugin stupid as hell".

Comment

Regarding the stainless steel frets on his new guitar, Eddie stated that he loves those because he could only get a couple months out of normal frets before he needed a refret. I understand fret wear and all, but is it even humanly possible to wear frets out that quick even if you play 20 hours a day? Are his fingertips belt sanders?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE View Post
                Sucks that no one can tell EVH no. I mean, who at Fender saw that headstock and didn't think to themselves "WTF?". Yet, no one had the balls to say, "Hey Ed, that looks fugin stupid as hell".
                Not to be an ass just IMO...........I guess they don't tell him "no" because he's Eddie Van Halen and because since no one at FMIC (or any other company) seems to be able to come up with a new model anyone actually "wants" then I guess you defer to the guy who has sold the most guitars of anyone in the last 30 years. Eddie has spurred the sale of more guitars industry wide than probably anyone except maybe the Beatles. From 78 to 88 if you bought a guitar it was most likely because either 1) Eddie was your hero or 2) Your hero's hero was Eddie.
                People don't buy guitar to play like Les Paul (at least not since y'know, Elvis came along) and do "Little Brown Jug" etc.

I'm willing to wait and see/hear. I'd rather spend my money on this than a POS Slash and its probably a bargain at twice the price compared to the average 1100-1400 guitar. I believe the guitar "world" is better off for having this thing come out. What those of us that want the guitar are hoping is that it is close enough in quality to the MM so that we can pack our old ones away.............. because some of us that like the MM's won't buy the Peaveys because we don't like them (not saying they're bad..we just don't like them).
                Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE View Post
                  Nobody at Fender has had the sense to look at a Jackson Warrior and go "WTF?"
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

hahahaha, true!!! the warrior could easily be in the running for the "ugliest wanna be metal guitar ever" contest next to the bc rich beast, almost anything by moser, and the dean razorback....well, come to think of it, MOST of bc riches "newer" body style guitars fit into the contest...as would all of mosers guitars.....

about this new EVH - i think it's okay aside from the headstock. but i really wonder why EVH can't deflate his head a bit, realize he is a "has been" and just stop releasing variations of the same guitar with different companies. to me, that looks A LOT like the peavey....

and before the EVH fans attack me for calling him a "has been" - i admit he was influential and sold lots of guitars over the years, but he is either a parody of himself or a stereo-type of fame gone rampant, depending on the day and the interview. to me, he will lose the "has been" moniker once he realeases an ENTIRE album of GOOD, NEW music. until then, he is capitalizing of his name, and i think that's weak.

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I like the bound white archtop... I thought the headstock was okay, too. If they make one with a 1 11/16 nut (or wider), I'll probably buck up a couple grand for one. Oddly enought I've been thrilled with every Ed Van Halen designed piece of gear I've ever had(?). 5150 head, 5150 II head, 5150 III head, Peavey Wolfs, EVH Charvels, EVH brand Liver Cirhossis pills, even the D Tuna.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                        hahahaha, true!!! the warrior could easily be in the running for the "ugliest wanna be metal guitar ever" contest next to the bc rich beast, almost anything by moser, and the dean razorback....well, come to think of it, MOST of bc riches "newer" body style guitars fit into the contest...as would all of mosers guitars.....
                        very true... now those are some ugly motherfuggin guitars...
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                          hahahaha, true!!! .....

about this new EVH - i think it's okay aside from the headstock. but i really wonder why EVH can't deflate his head a bit, realize he is a "has been" and just stop releasing variations of the same guitar with different companies. to me, that looks A LOT like the peavey....

and before the EVH fans attack me......(my edit here)....to me, he will lose the "has been" moniker once he realeases an ENTIRE album of GOOD, NEW music. until then, he is capitalizing of his name, and i think that's weak.

first part: IMO +1 it looks a lot like the Peavey
                          second part: no attacks. Saw him tour before last, he's a drunk, and he might not be what he used to be.. but better to have him around. An ENTIRE ALBUM? I think Metallica would think you are asking for too much at one time. By my reckoning lets see...2008 minus 1991 = 17 years without a quality Metallica album (BTW same years as VH's F**k). Head cases? Hetfield is definitely is Eddies league. Also i'm not a VH apologist at all. He is what he is, and where he screws up he screws up. he's not even my favorite, but I won't count that guy out until he's dead from the neck down rather than comotose from the neck up. LOL. You can recover from "comotose". I don't think these guys are has beens. but it would help if they'd put forth a little more.....effort... if they want my money.
                          Last edited by 85 San Dimas; 12-28-2008, 01:37 AM.
                          Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                          98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

This is strictly my opinion, but I don't see this as being all about Eddie. Eddie has had his day in the sun. He started out as a musician, decided he liked to tinker with guitars, continued his musical excursion, and is now back to designing musical related products.

Someone stated that Eddie has a back catalog of songs just waiting to be put to disk. Did you ever think that those songs might be passed on to Wolfie? I really think that what Eddie is doing right here, right now, (har har) is setting up a future for his son. He's no Spring chicken and none of us no for a fact what kind of health he's in.

I guess time will tell, right?
                            "POOP"

Comment

time will tell, for sure. that sounds logical, but i wonder if EVH has that much foresight. again, not bagging on him, but a really kick-ass reunion album with roth and a STELLAR tour with michael anthony, roth and the VH's would have also set wolfie up for life.

i admire the dude likes to tinker with gear. i'd LOVE to be in that place where i could design guitars people would sell. my confusion is WHY he keeps the wolfgang the same as it was as a peavey (with an ugly headstock) but now sell it under the "EVH" brand.

his 5150 3 amp seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth. i hear NOTHING about those anymore. are they being redesigned? were they dropped?

with EVH's volatility, i am surprised fender is willing to stake cash on setting up an exclusive EVH brand. obviously, they know more than i do because they are very successful running their companies....

also:

second part: no attacks. Saw him tour before last, he's a drunk, and he might not be what he used to be.. but better to have him around. An ENTIRE ALBUM? I think Metallica would think you are asking for too much at one time. By my reckoning lets see...2008 minus 1991 = 17 years without a quality Metallica album (BTW same years as VH's F**k). Head cases? Hetfield is definitely is Eddies league. Also i'm not a VH apologist at all. He is what he is, and where he screws up he screws up. he's not even my favorite, but I won't count that guy out until he's dead from the neck down rather than comotose from the neck up. LOL. You can recover from "comotose". I don't think these guys are has beens. but it would help if they'd put forth a little more.....effort... if they want my money.

i agree with you that these people need to put out more of an effort for my money. i am not a metallica fan - i discovered music MUCH better than theirs by the time they released AJFA. but, at least metallica tries. while "st. asshat" was a disaster, "death magnetic" has its moments. i just want EVH to TRY with a new album instead of resting on his name and past successes.

"Someone stated that Eddie has a back catalog of songs just waiting to be put to disk. Did you ever think that those songs might be passed on to Wolfie?"

well, he should put out SOME of them for his FANS. the ones buying his CRAZY priced guitars, "burn the house down" amplifiers, and paying BIG bucks to see him live HOPING that he can put on a good show that night.

EVH has a legacy. for some odd feeling, i doubt wolfie will EVER achieve the status his father did. THEN if daddy's back catalog IS awesome, but wolfie can't write for SHIT, what then?

BTW - how many of you would buy a "wolfgang van halen" album with the same level of anticipation of a fully reunited van halen album of fresh material?

hahahaha, the part about all of my commenting on this is that i have NEVER been a VH fan, i will NEVER buy his guitars or his amps.....

i guess that makes me a bit of a douche? hahahaha!! happy sunday, fellows!!!
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I just talked to a owner of a music store and he ordered a few wolfgangs and i asked how much they are going for and he said like 3 grand! like dammm thats a lot!!
                                EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
                                1959Epiphone les paul
                                george L cables
                                mxr pedals
                                Engl fireball 100

Comment

Working...
                                X