Anybody Visit Rico Jr this Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Venomboy View Post
    Bernie Sr was a luthier? More like a salesman.

When did Bernie Jr build at BCR?
    Dude, enough is enough.. Neal Moser telling you this? If you have any balls whatsoever, give Bernie Jr. a call at his shop today.. Phone number is 760-956-6619.. I'm actually going to give Bernie a ring right now so he can expect a call from Venomboy of the Neal Moser clan.. Also, when has Bernie ever slandered anyone? He doesn't have time to dick around on these message boards like you do all day... Instead of just listening to Moser's side of the story why don't you call Bernie so he can set the record straight for you? I mean really, what is your problem with Bernie Rico? The guy minds his own business, is a hard worker, and builds the best damn guitars in the world.. He awaits your call Venomboy..

Comment

Originally posted by Loudone View Post
      As Bernie Jr. learned under his father as a luthier, the current luthiers that work for Bernie Jr. are also luthiers who learned the trade under Bernie Rico Sr... I went to visit Bernie's operation myself 3 weeks ago. Yes the guitars are painted and assembled in Hesperia. The woodshop is in San Diego and they are totally handmade... There are real guitar luthiers there, not someone operating a CNC machine... If you have any doubts, give Eric McKenna a call at Boogie Street guitars who has also seen this operation first hand. Eric wanted to see the operation first hand before making a commitment in becoming a dealer for Rico Jr. guitars.

So J2379, I do not know where you are getting your information but it is false... I hope I have claified things for you and other people who have wondered the same.
      do you have a clue Bernie didnt build anything & neither did Jr. OK SR. built some of the earliest acoustics & a few seagulls & thats it. ask some people that actually worked for BCRich back in the day. i believe you when you say Rico jr's are built in SanDiego BUT BCRichs werent. FACT BCRich hasnt made a guitar in CALIFORNIA since 89, prior to the class axe buy out. BCRich south made all of the handmades & have since 94, they were making handmade BCRichs there since 79. like i said contact Mal Stitch or Neal Moser if you dont believe it, they ran BCR with Bernie pretty much from the beginning. if the new luthiers learned it wasnt from Bernie it would have been from the MEXICAN luthiers BCR employed. Bernie didnt build shit tho i heard he did great finishing especially bursts but it was that rare when did. another thing both Bernie SR & Jr were known to stretch the truth or have forgotten it..... Like bernie designed the mockingbird on a Napkin....BS.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
        do you have a clue Bernie didnt build anything & neither did Jr. OK SR. built some of the earliest acoustics & a few seagulls & thats it. ask some people that actually worked for BCRich back in the day. i believe you when you say Rico jr's are built in SanDiego BUT BCRichs werent. FACT BCRich hasnt made a guitar in CALIFORNIA since 89, prior to the class axe buy out. BCRich south made all of the handmades & have since 94, they were making handmade BCRichs there since 79. like i said contact Mal Stitch or Neal Moser if you dont believe it, they ran BCR with Bernie pretty much from the beginning. if the new luthiers learned it wasnt from Bernie it would have been from the MEXICAN luthiers BCR employed. Bernie didnt build shit tho i heard he did great finishing especially bursts but it was that rare when did. another thing both Bernie SR & Jr were known to stretch the truth or have forgotten it..... Like bernie designed the mockingbird on a Napkin....BS.

Ha.. I'm sure Bernie has quite a few stories of former employees... I bet not many people know that Bernie Sr. FIRED Neal Moser back in the day as well as Mal Stitch.. Maybe there is a little resentment there? But why take it out on Bernie Jr.? Its not his fault Neal Moer and Mal Stitch got canned.. But that is the difference see, the Moser clan just like to talk shit and for whatever reason like to pick on Bernie Jr. In all my years of knowing Bernie Jr. not once has he slandered any other builder/manufacturer.. Truthfully, Bernie has nothing but respect for Neal.. So really, what the fuck is your problem?

Comment

Loudone flying off the handle as usual. Good job man!

I don't have a problem with Jr. I've spoken to him before at NAMM. Seems like a nice guy and I like his guitars. I even considered buying one at one point.

If Neal and Mal got fired...big deal. Neal and Mal admittedly have big mouths.

I didn't talk shit about Jr. Just asked a question. When did he build at BCR?

I don't have a need to call the man. I won't lose sleep over it. I'll just watch you go slowly insane.

Comment

Anyway, Bernie's reason for not being at NAMM was that he has so many guitars currently in production. Its more important to him to complete the orders from his dealers, customers, and endorsers. Finally here is a photo of Bernie's paint guy, Ed...

Here is Bernie working his magic.. Guitars play like butter!

Comment

yeah i dont think anyone here slandered rico guitars & Jr. just wanted to know where they were built. i know the early model i worked on was very similar to a newer BCR. i had heard rumors they were made by them same ppl who built the BCRichs i was wrong. but its you who've taken one step further, if you have the facts then POST them. I think venomboy & myself have been respectful & have posted unbiased information that we believed to be fact based on what we were told or have read. if you have other info, just post them & dont be a dick about it. Neal & Mal havent talked shit about Jr, at least not that i know of. I dont think any posts made by VB or myself lead to that conclusion anyway.

Comment

Bernie is a cool dude...

I spoke to him for about 3 hours one day on the phone. he really believes in what he is doing.
                Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

I gotta have one of those Vixens

Comment

Working...
                  X