The ultimate pickup?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
    Stan Hinesley's been making an Alnico-8 humbucker for quite some time now, called the Rogue. Seymour must've got ahold of one and copied it, like he does everything else.
    You could always order one through the Custom Shop.

Also, if you were on the Duncan Forum, you'd know people have been asking for an Alnico 8, and they did one for forum members some months ago, called the Crazy 8, and it's got Parallell Axis pole pieces. They finally decided to add a new production model with A8 for the new SH-15.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow, that's retarded. You can already load a standard SC next to a P90 voiced SC, without having to do something that looks that stupid.

Stan Hinesley's been making an Alnico-8 humbucker for quite some time now, called the Rogue. Seymour must've got ahold of one and copied it, like he does everything else.
      What the hell man? Not cool. You don't like their pickups and are badmouthing them or you actually have reasons for saying this? What pickups do you use?

Comment

I think a plastic cover will fix it for me, although it's growing on me, kinda like a mold :ROTF: I'm gonna have to get one or two of these.

Comment

They seem to be great! I think I'll get a set!
          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

That´s way cool, and I´ll definitely give them a go when they hit the shops. If the humbucker mode sounds good and has a bit of juice to it it looks like a keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by pott View Post
              What the hell man? Not cool. You don't like their pickups and are badmouthing them or you actually have reasons for saying this?
              Dimebucker, the Iommi copy in the Kevin Bonds Rhoads, Brian May pickups, how many versions of the Seth Lover PAF, unauthorized Rickenbacker copies, new Blackouts conveniently designed with EMG quick-connects, still marketing the JB as having some subliminal connection to Jeff Beck, etc.

I don't hang on the Duncan forum, but go to any other pickup manufacturer's discussion group and you'll see the work "Seyroxed" used quite a bit.
              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

At least they don't get the ownership of a pickup they don't own, by suing the owner company.(the P.A.F thing)
                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Dimebucker, the Iommi copy in the Kevin Bonds Rhoads, Brian May pickups, how many versions of the Seth Lover PAF, unauthorized Rickenbacker copies, new Blackouts conveniently designed with EMG quick-connects, still marketing the JB as having some subliminal connection to Jeff Beck, etc.

I don't hang on the Duncan forum, but go to any other pickup manufacturer's discussion group and you'll see the work "Seyroxed" used quite a bit.
                  Dimebucker IS different from a Bill Lawrence. Just because a bucker has blades and a ceramic magnet does't make it like other pickups with them...Washburn and DIME came TO SD to design it.

Iommi, no clue about. It never really sold. It's a special pickup more than anything. Hard to get. What's bad about this one?

Seth Lover was designed WITH Seth Love and he gets commisions from it... They have a lot of PAFs... what's wrong with it? PAFs themselves weren't consistent and there are a lot of flavors to be had from a similar concept. What's copied? The humbucker?

Blackouts have quick connect to allow quicker replacements from EMGs. And you're bitching about it?? Seriously man what the hell is wrong with it? They sure don't claim to have invented this. The preamp is brand new and they are DIFFERENT PICKUPS.

No clue where you got this about the JB. It stands for Jazz Blues. If people and sellers call it the Jeff Beck it's not SD's fault. But it WAS built by Seymour FOR Jeff Beck. There's your connection. He was the first user of it.
                  Last edited by pott; 01-20-2008, 04:05 PM.

Comment

a friend sent me that link the other day.. it's pretty cool, from the versatility point of view. i wonder how it really sounds though. but in any case, i'll stick to my BKPs
                    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

I wonder how it will sound too, but I'm definitly interested I obviously love humbuckers and but P90 has a very cool primitave sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                        Holy Crap! I need 2 now I wonder if the production ones come in pearloid too! I can get rid of some guitars now:ROTF:
                        According to the guy in the youtube video who posts to the SD forum, black is the only color avialable. He says that even crome covers won't fit.

Gonna have to get a set. Sounds like a great idea. Might have to try a pair in my King V for some new sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by pott View Post
                          No clue where you got this about the JB. It stands for Jazz Blues. If people and sellers call it the Jeff Beck it's not SD's fault. But it WAS built by Seymour FOR Jeff Beck. There's your connection. He was the first user of it.
                          JB does indeed stand for Jeff Beck. As far as Jazz/Blues, it's got a treble and high-mid spike going on, not at all like a nice, warm Jazz or Blues tone.
                          Jeff is not affiliated with it now and doesn't get royalties on it, so why do you think people made up another name for it?

Comment

Well it unofficially stands for Jeff Beck. I think on the site's FAQ there's a question adressing this. Ask Seymour and he'll tell you JazzBlues. That's the name, 'officially'. Indeed Jeff Beck never wanted any affiliations with it so it could not be named after him. But he did use this, to respond to that comment about the 'subliminal connection'

Comment

my two questions is if they'll fit in a standard humbucker rout and i wonder if they'll eventually make metal covers for them. i was really impressed by the video, i think it's neat as hell and makes me want to create a bird to put those in.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                                my two questions is if they'll fit in a standard humbucker rout and i wonder if they'll eventually make metal covers for them. i was really impressed by the video, i think it's neat as hell and makes me want to create a bird to put those in.

sully
                                Someone at Duncan posted on their forum that it does fit a standard humbucker route, but no on the metal covers. It's available in black, but may possibly have the option of different colors on top made from pickguard material.

Comment

Working...
                                X