Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there seriously no new Jackson guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think those are pretty damn sweet. I played the original not too long ago. I just may have to rethink my "policy" and snag one of those white ones...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

They're pretty cool! Discreet enough, different enough from other production Vs, cool finishes...I actually dig even though I'm not much of a metalhead

Comment

There ya go, one new model and everyone's pissing their pants.

That V looks sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by sakeido View Post

A Phil Demmel sig? Machine Head was big about ten years ago and while the Blackening is a good album, they don't even headline tours anymore.

ummm..... you serious, machine head is still big, they have put out two of thier best albums in the last 3 years, and they are headlining a tour as we speek. I think the phil demmel model would be a great seller.

Comment

Let's take a look here shall we

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            We have quite the short memory, don't we? (And even less business sense. )

"- a mahogany USA soloist without a Floyd. There isn't one."
            See instead: ESP Horizon

"- a USA SLS. There isn't one."
            See instead: Caparison Horus (short scale Soloist style guitar)

"-a import SLSMG 7 string. There isn't one."
            You sound like a dyed in the wool 6 string player. What makes you so sure? Considering that the whole run of Ibanez 8 strings sold out and that Carvin has successfully offered a 7 string neck through guitar for almost a decade now would be some indication that there is a market for extended range guitars.

"--a import RR with no pickguard and no trem. There isn't one."

Actually, there is. It's called JS30RR. You may not want it, but they do build it.
            You know what I meant here but instead chose to ignore me.

"-an archtop soloist of any kind. There isn't one."

See SLAT-QH, etc. for the reason why. And if you meant an import archtop Soloist, they already do the DKMG and DKMGT. Sure they're bolt-ons, but that's damn close enough.
            Once again, the ESP Horizon, ESP Steph Carpenters, Ibanez RGAs, Schecters, etc. All archtops that sell very well. The DKMGs are not soloists.
            Just because it didn't sell well six or seven years ago doesn't mean it won't sell well now.

Comment

Caparison is a Japanese company, though.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

He was listing equivalants...

Anyway, I agree, that would be cool if they would slowly reintroduce a model or two (short runs), if not for the sake of more options. Or just keep buying used, and let them figure it out.
                Last edited by anuske9; 01-18-2008, 03:36 PM.
                -Adam

Comment

Originally posted by anuske9 View Post

- courtesy of Matt

Idk about prices...

DOH! Crap. Why did you post that?! Now I have to go look at my bank statements.

Sweet!!! (2008 the year of no money but a lot of new toys)

Anyway I just wanted to throw in my .02 since there's a couple threads about this. (And everyone else has)

I as an owner of and fan of Jackson guitars am a little > < disappointed. Not for most of the reasons I have read in this thread though.

I’m not bugged that there isn't a whole lot of brand new body shapes, or variation of existing shapes and all that. What I am disappointed in is that Fender/Jackson/Gibson/whoever haven’t really seemed to do anything that was truly awe inspiring. By that I mean, there are a lot of really awesome paint jobs, but those could be put on any guitar really. No one has done any real one offs that are weird or out of the box or whatever. There’s nothing really that makes me want to run to a thread and discuss how cool it is or isn’t

Here’s an example, that weird V thing Gibson put out where the wings were pointed the other direction. As horrid as it was in my opinion at least it was something different. I'm not saying I think of that as a production model is a good idea. But it caused some buzz.. It got people looking at Gibson's site.

It just doesn’t seem like any of the manufacturers are really doing anything to create any buzz at all. It may be the state of the industry I don’t know (That would be for others on here to say) but I just don’t see anything so far that’s a “Must have” well except for the Phil V, that’s sweet!

I hope none of that reads like a slam or me bitching, not intended that way. In a perfect world we’d be seeing a lot of new things. As it is, we should probably be happy that our precious Jackson and Charvel are even being made. I’m just glad for the PD1(?) and the rr24’s.

(PS: If I’ve missed a photo of something that’s spectacular that defeats what I just said then let me know. I’d be happy to be proven wrong in this case)
                  In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                    So I have a bad attitude because I'm based in reality?
                    Nah, you have a bad attitude because you live in the middle of nowhere
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by anuske9 View Post

- courtesy of Matt

Idk about prices...
                      Heh. A pointy guitar with little pointy nipples.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

Caparison is a Japanese company, though.
                        The Horus is a logical evolution of the Fusion and the Jackson Falcon (Itaru Kanno being the mastermind behind the Falcon and Caparison guitars). Having played both the Horus and various Fusions I still prefer the old Fusions.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZB View Post
                          There ya go, one new model and everyone's pissing their pants.

:ROTF:

Originally posted by hippietim View Post

I was considering the same reply (for fun) but didn't see it adding value, but it sure made me laugh!

Not that this really contributes much to the conversation, but I have an import jackson (dk2m) and a US model (dk1) and love the quality of both, the dk1 more-so. Since my dk1 was made in feb 07, that would make it a fender-jackson product correct?
                          "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                            Since my dk1 was made in feb 07, that would make it a fender-jackson product correct?
                            Correct.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                              HA! That's good stuff. Nice one Tim!

Yep, nothing to see here. No reason to visit. Just move along people...

Only problem is it will take til 2010 to get these new models in stores here...
                              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Confessor Townsend View Post
                                The Horus is a logical evolution of the Fusion and the Jackson Falcon (Itaru Kanno being the mastermind behind the Falcon and Caparison guitars). Having played both the Horus and various Fusions I still prefer the old Fusions.
                                What exactly is a Jackson Falcon?
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X