Favorite Guitar from NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
    The Evel Strat was the coolest thing I saw in the NAMM stuff.
    You mean even cooler than the 10 string Halo neck thru with Kahler and onboard tuner? :

Or how about this Vigier?:

Last edited by roodyrocker; 01-31-2008, 09:17 PM.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

I spoke with Ed Yoon and he said John does not have the time to do any options on the 24 fret models right now. No time to program the CNC machine. No carved top - which is what I wanted. Very limited neck options.
      I am not crazy about the shape nor the headstock. Nothing special about it - although I am sure its very high quality.
      They won't do any special body shapes or headstocks, etc... Very very limited. Not even an 1-11/16" nut!

So screw it - I ordered from Rico Jr. He is way more flexible.
      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
        I am not crazy about the shape nor the headstock. Nothing special about it - although I am sure its very high quality.
        They won't do any special body shapes or headstocks, etc... Very very limited. Not even an 1-11/16" nut!

So screw it - I ordered from Rico Jr. He is way more flexible.
        They have never done a special body shape or a different headstock, if those are the things you want, then this isn't the company to be looking at. They do offer a 1 11/16 neck, just not with a Floyd. This design just came out so they are keeping the option to a minimal, but if the design takes off, I would see no reason they wouldn't offer all their options in the future.
        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I know but I can't wait 2 years for them to come out with a carvetop and such.

And there are no plans in the future for one.

I was just making a point with regards to the body shape and headstock - and that is limited designs because they are busy.

And I understand they are busy and thats fine. But I want something now not 2 years from now.

With Rico I was able to specify the thickness of the neck that I wanted, the width of the neck and many other features that I would never be able to with Suhr.

I was going to get a Suhr until I found out they would not make a carvetop and had no plans to do so. That was my biggest issue for not ordering one.
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

The Modern isnt for everyone. I used to hate the Suhr headstock & logo. Once I got my first Standard those things didnt seem to matter as much.

New pics posted: http://gallery.mac.com/suhrguitars#1...lack&view=grid

Comment

Working...
            X