No announcement yet.

Favorite Guitar from NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed that Suhr is not using the real Floyds anymore. I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by parntz145 View Post
      I noticed that Suhr is not using the real Floyds anymore. I wonder why?
      "Suhr: Gotoh is good and I will probably switch soon since the Floyds are really being made like ASS."

http://online-discussion.com/Suhr/viewtopic.php?t=2060

Comment

very sweet ... its awesome

Comment

That is yummy...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I bought one of the Modern LE guitars last week. Bummer they aren't going to start production until April!

Ed Yoon made an interesting comment regarding the high price of the LE. He said they spent a year selecting woods for the LE. From the looks of that maple top & the fingerboard, these will be extra special. I've got a 2005 Suhr Standard and it's just about perfect in every way. Can't imagine it getting better but we'll see!

Comment

Anyone see these at NAMM? If so, who made them???

Comment

Originally posted by Devnor View Post
                I bought one of the Modern LE guitars last week. Bummer they aren't going to start production until April!

Ed Yoon made an interesting comment regarding the high price of the LE. He said they spent a year selecting woods for the LE. From the looks of that maple top & the fingerboard, these will be extra special. I've got a 2005 Suhr Standard and it's just about perfect in every way. Can't imagine it getting better but we'll see!
                I'm actually the one who brought that up on the Suhr Forum. I'm not 100% convinced that "extra special" woods warrant a $1800 premium over an equally optioned piece minus the inlay, it's not even a special color, just a regular production color. I became aware of the huge price difference when the new Price list became available Saturday, and I saw that you could order what amount to the LE Modern for $4200 vs. the $6000 for the LE Modern. I have 2 Suhrs and they are both top notch with beautiful woods, so it's not like if you ordered a similar piece, it's gonna suck.

I like the guitar and ordered one myself, but if I can order the exact same thing without the inlay and save a lot of money, I have to really rethink this order. A special serial # or a COA/inlay is not worth thousands of dollars to me. I don't but the 100 piece theory as well, for a smaller builder like Suhr, a 100 piece run is a huge amount of guitars.

If you continue to read his answer, his also justifies the price by talking about all the R&D that went into it. So it seems like the buyers of the LE Modern get the honor of financing the work. I would rather just order a piece and save some serious scratch.

I tried to post the link, but their site seems to have exceeded it's bandwith this month.
                Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Gary Kramer

Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
                  Anyone see these at NAMM? If so, who made them???
                  "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I hear what you're saying Vince (congrats on the guitar btw) as I struggled with the pricing too. Ultimately I'm holding Ed & John to their word that these will be very special pieces...my expectations are very high. Thank God for 48 hour return period. I could be wrong but given the hype/attention this guitar is getting plus as long as the LE is available there isn't much incentive to offer rock bottom pricing on Moderns.

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples View Post
                      Gary Kramer
                      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Devnor View Post
                        I hear what you're saying Vince (congrats on the guitar btw) as I struggled with the pricing too. Ultimately I'm holding Ed & John to their word that these will be very special pieces...my expectations are very high. Thank God for 48 hour return period. I could be wrong but given the hype/attention this guitar is getting plus as long as the LE is available there isn't much incentive to offer rock bottom pricing on Moderns.

Yeah, I'm with you. I didn't pursue the discussion further on the Suhr forum as I am a new member there and it is their site. So I kind of let it be.

This guitar better blow me away, I have no doubt it will be excellent, but the premium they put on it better be worth it. It's just that for the price, I wish there was something that really set it apart visually, like a 1 off color that you would not be able to get any other way. Something a little more special than a simple inlay.

I'm sure I'll be happy with it's just I was shocked to see such a price gap.

and Congrats on your purchase too.
                        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by toddstaples
                          Gary Kramer

Thanks!
                          Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
                          Thanks!
                          By the way, that is Jack Frost in that pic you posted. Some of those Gary Kramer guitars are too goofy looking for me. Jack's Kellys looked much better IMHO.
                          BTW, here is another shot of Jack Frost with a Gary Kramer:
                          Last edited by roodyrocker; 01-30-2008, 07:48 PM.
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Did Scott Henderson play this one too? Man, i got to press my nose
                            up against the glass, while he shredded like the devil ! If so...yours
                            has major mojo on it! Outstanding

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by toddstaples
                              Gary Kramer

Thanks!

By the way, that is Jack Frost in that pic you posted. Some of those Gary Kramer guitars are too goofy looking for me. Jack's Kellys looked much better IMHO.
                              BTW, here is another shot of Jack Frost with a Gary Kramer:
                              ** for me sitting down all the time...this seems super comfy if oddly
                              shaped, but i like them!

Comment

The Evel Strat was the coolest thing I saw in the NAMM stuff.
                                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X