New ESP Models for NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are right,this is what i found
    It is the emblem for the 9th SS Panzer Division "Hohenstaufen".

http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

Wow, it looks like you've nailed it.

Comment

Thanks! I like to read about WW2 and thought I recognized the emblem. Wonder if ESP knows...

I might be getting one of these!

Comment

ESP knows, as Jeff is a big fan of Nazi Memorabillia I believe. The first model had the actual SS sign on it, and I THINK was forbidden of production..? Can't recall the story exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Widowmaker View Post
            If I'm right about the inlays and you want one you'd better get it soon or ESP will pull it if they catch some heat over it. Anyone remember the now ultra rare S&Key Hanneman model?
            Originally posted by Widowmaker View Post
            Thanks! I like to read about WW2 and thought I recognized the emblem. Wonder if ESP knows...

I might be getting one of these!
            Judging by your Avatar and your info, you seem to have more than a "little" interest in WWII. I could be off but seems you have a big interest in Nazi history.
            Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Never said my interest was "little". I only said I like to read, which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Extant View Post
                Pretty neat, but I'm not a huge fan of the whole signature series thing. I just like to have my own guitar, yaknow?
                +1.

Jeez, is the entire ESP/LTD line going to be signature models, or what? Their web site is a hoot--about a zillion different signature models, all of which are simply goofy variations on a Horizon, Mirage, Eclipse or Viper. I suppose it's nice to know that [insert name here] plays a brand of guitar, but you know, I really am not looking to play [insert name here]'s own guitar.

Comment

That's all most signature guitars are. Fender sells a ton of different sigs that are just variations on the Strat: Malmsteen, Beck, Clapton, SRV (2 of 'em), Mayer, Blackmore, etc.) Gibson sells/sold multiple sig variations of the Les Paul, which ironically, is a sig in itself: Moore, Page, Wylde, Perry, Slash, Frehley, etc.

It does seem like ESP has a lot of sig models, and it seems that many of the ESP guys are lesser known, but at least most of them can play (in contrast to, say, the Squier Avril Lavigne sig).

I'm still waiting for Gibson to release the Ted Nugent Byrdland. Now that would be a well deserved and cool signature guitar!

Comment

I like the new JH. But, I wouldn't own a LTD below a 400. How about a JH-600 in digi camo and the new inlays. That would be nice. I just passed on a black one partially because I didn't dig the eagle inlay.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      I dig Jon Donais' model.
                      Not much different than his Washburn Sig model, but looks better with the ESP headstock.

http://www.washburn.com/products/ele.../fe/index.aspx

Comment

I dig the Jon Donais model as well, unfotunately I hear the MAP is around 4k
                        EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

the 8 strings look silly frankly, i like richis samboras models, but they smack of just trying to jump on the cool wagon by being with esp, the lynch models don't particularly do anything for me. i quite like the single hum chimara model, and u can get abiudget gus g star now, whioch might be cool to buy and upgrade and get a cheap charvel star essentially. i like the colour options too

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                            Not much different than his Washburn Sig model, but looks better with the ESP headstock.

http://www.washburn.com/products/ele.../fe/index.aspx
                            Yeah, I also prefer the ESP headstock, but I didn't mind the Washburn.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                              That Michael Padget V awesome!
                              An awesome joke. Medium frets and even the same control layout as the DV8? Come on. All they changed was the strap buttons, the inlay, and swapped the Mustaine pickups for EMGs.
                              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I played a GL-256 today. Action was HORRIBLE, but the rest of the guitar was pretty cool. I'd never need to polish it!! I'm going to give it a second run tomorrow and probably trade for it. "Made in VIETNAM"...who'da thunk it?? It's got a lot of potential for some upgrades. I'd even consider putting a Floyd on it and leaving the nut as is - kinda like Warren D does.

Comment

Working...
                                X