No announcement yet.

Nazi's of NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was there all day Sat and had no problems at all. They took a cursory glance at my bag, and never my backpack.... They literally glanced at the bag in my hand, never went through it.

My name was on my badge though, and did have I.D. to prove it. Last year they got a lot tighter on Sunday as well. I agree it must be a known issue of people selling their passes. If your name is not on your pass, go before sunday......

The booths with famous artists and such, and the "Dean" girls *ARE* for fans that are also in the biz, and straight guys that like slutty chicks!. I just walked past the guy from the "Misfits" who was signing, and within about 10 feet caught up to a guy and gal in business attire... who were obviously "in the biz", and the guy was showing the girl the pic on a digital camera of her with the guy from Misfits.... and I about died laughing because I saw it as well, and she looked *SCARED!*

It is a trade show for people in the business. Plenty of "friends" get in as well, but the groupies and friends standing in the long lines for a pic and autograph are not the ones placing large orders. Companies do this to attract fans that are in the business to see their product. Not to entertain the "friends" that luck into a badge..... Of course we all know that most of the people in those lines are the "friends", but some of them are buyers as well. Care to guess how many buyers were in that HUGE line to meet Jim Marshall on Sat? I would bet there were a lot of them.

BOO HOO! you got busted with a badge that didnt belong to you. WWWAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Now you know for next year to have a badge with your real name on it, don't you?! or go before Sunday.....

The only issue I have with security there... (If you buy something, they need to give you a waiver for the item and it's no issue) The problem I have, is when they walk around with a decible meter and tell people to turn down the volume because it's "over the limit". I saw this first hand at a small time bass manufacturer, and the "acceptable" volume was ridiculous low. Naturally they dont hassle the big name booths with this...... That's why I would call them Nazi's... You're reason is just STOOPUD! Get your own badge next time and you wouldnt have any issues, would you?

Comment

I've been to 20 NAMM shows and have only been asked for ID a few times. The security guys are just doing their job... after all the show isn't a public event. The only reason the show exists at all is so manufacturers can sell product to dealers... hot girls bring customers into car washes, rockstars bring customers into NAMM booths. I'm part of the problem because I supply some of my customers with NAMM badges, but the long lines and crowded halls make it difficult for me and other dealers to conduct business and meet guys like Steve Vai if we want to.

I'm not complaining, it's been this way for as long as I've been going to these shows and isn't likely to change. After all, if it was really "industry only", I'd be looking at guys all weekend instead of great looking women!
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Well said.
        Last edited by Firebird V; 01-25-2007, 01:45 PM.

Comment

So....Is there any other NAMM news other than the security? Like...any new amps or effects there? I haven't heard a thing about that kinda stuff...Just guitars and security!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

There's tons of new gear... just about every manufacturer had at least one new product at the show.
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

http://www.sweetwater.com/publicatio...y&day=1&sid=30
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                Maybe you don't grasp English very well. Yes it's for the fans. Now people who are fans AND work for a music store would still be in the overall category of "fans", wouldn't they? Do I really need to say "fans who work at a music store"??? You're not bright enough to see the implied meaning? Obviously it is an industry event, so it is supposed to be industry people only. Maybe you're also not smart enough to realize that tons of those "fans" standing in line are not really music store employees, and maybe you're not smart enough to know that the manufacturers realize that too. You do the math genius. Hopefully I don't have to further clarify my point for the intellectually challenged.
                WTF? This thread is a bit ridiculous. Whats with all the hostility?
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Why can I hear the noose tightening??

Fullmetal...with somebody such as yourself, with a relatively low post count, coming into a thread guns-a-blazing and accusing people of being stupid..or, to more accurately clarify it perhaps to make yourself seem more intelligent, less smart than you...is rather ballsy...albeit not that intelligent IMO.

Chill, relax....it's only a forum...the objects of our desires are wood, metal, and plastic...there are much more important things to get worked up over: the war on terror, our families, our jobs, our friends...not fukkin guitars.

As for the security, it's a natural by-product of the world and to a lesser degree society which has prompted this. I mean really, prior to 9-11, who could have dreamed a few dedicated people would actually take over commercial aircraft and slam them into buildings to prove their cause? That is (or was) the fodder of books and movies. I view security as I do law enforcement, they are a necessary entity, and honestly if I'm in the wrong, I deserve to be apprehended and processed accordingly..call a shot a shot. They were just doing their assigned jobs..nothing more or less.
                  Last edited by LesPaulCustom; 01-25-2007, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Typically, the inspecting of photo id's is almost always a Sunday thing at the Anaheim shows. Quite a few people leave early on Saturday or Sunday morning catching flights to return to life where ever.. folks toss the badges and someone else picks it up..so hence the checking of id's on the last day.
                    Its been like that for as long as I've been going to Namm and that's been a while.
                    DiMarzio Endorsee
                    www.dimarzio.com
                    Morley Endorsee
                    www.morley.com
                    "Intelli-Shred" author
                    www.myspace.com/intellishred
                    NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Working...
                    X