Nazi's of NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
    Sorry guys, but maybe you weren't there on Sunday. Security was extremely tight that day because of all the people who sell there badges after leaving on Saturday.
    Hmmm...that makes sense!

Comment

I got checked every time on Sunday, but never any other day. I heard a guy ask why they were so tight on Sunday, and the security guard said they did spot checks on Saturday and found lots of people whose badges didn't match their ID's. I know everybody wants to go to NAMM because it's cool, but it's not open to the public, and the people in the booths and rooms are trying to do business and make a living.

Comment

Originally posted by tmmsjm View Post
        it's not open to the public, and the people in the booths and rooms are trying to do business and make a living.
        Yeah, and that's why Yngwie is signing autographs at Dean Markley, George Lynch is signing at ESP, Warren DiMartini is at Seymour Duncan, etc, because that really helps the deals that are going on in the booths!

You don't need Nikki Sixx there for the suits to do their business. It's for the fans that are there, however they manage to get in. The buyer from some music store doesn't have time to stand in line to meet Bruce Kulick!
        Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
        www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I was there all four days and while they didn't ask for a photo ID the first three days, on Sunday they asked for one every time I entered a different hall entrance or went up the escalators. Yeah, you could argue they were doing their *job* but I thought it was quite overbearing myself too. In addition, they randomly ask you to open your bags when leaving yet they don't know what they are looking for. Could someone steal something? probably yes but at the same time there were many small items for sale or promotional things given away. Given that situation, checking people's bags is a waste of time. But hey, I'm just happy to be able to go to NAMM.

Rudy
          www.wickedrocks.com
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I bought a Sustainiac from the booth at NAMM in '04, and was given a receipt and told I'd most likely be asked to present it when I left. I also bought two tubes of BigBends Nut Sauce from their booth, and got a receipt.

I had so many flyers and brochures and free crap that I grabbed one of the Guitar Player magazine bags and dropped it all in there.

Not once did anyone stop me and search my bag, though they were spot-checking other people. I even meandered around just in case they did want to check it, but they never said anything.

Maybe cuz I look like too much of a dork to steal anything? :ROTF:
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, and that's why Yngwie is signing autographs at Dean Markley, George Lynch is signing at ESP, Warren DiMartini is at Seymour Duncan, etc, because that really helps the deals that are going on in the booths!

You don't need Nikki Sixx there for the suits to do their business. It's for the fans that are there, however they manage to get in. The buyer from some music store doesn't have time to stand in line to meet Bruce Kulick!
              Its for the fans that are there that work for music stores, work for the companys that do buisness there, or for the fans that manage to get a badge with their name on it. Its pretty well known that people get in on other badges ( I Did), and that is Excatly why security was increased on sunday.
              "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Its for the fans
                That was exactly my point. The "fan" waiting in line to meet Eric Singer is not the same guy in the suit and tie making deals with Ibanez for his store.

Comment

That was exactly my point. The "fan" waiting in line to meet Eric Singer is not the same guy in the suit and tie making deals with Ibanez for his store.
                  No, it's not for the fans. It's for the fans who work or own music stores.

I guess the idea of an industry convention is too adult a puzzle for you.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post

:ROTF: :ROTF:
                    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post

Maybe you don't grasp English very well. Yes it's for the fans. Now people who are fans AND work for a music store would still be in the overall category of "fans", wouldn't they? Do I really need to say "fans who work at a music store"??? You're not bright enough to see the implied meaning? Obviously it is an industry event, so it is supposed to be industry people only. Maybe you're also not smart enough to realize that tons of those "fans" standing in line are not really music store employees, and maybe you're not smart enough to know that the manufacturers realize that too. You do the math genius. Hopefully I don't have to further clarify my point for the intellectually challenged.

Comment

:ROTF: :ROTF:

Dam Fullmetal your parents named you right.

DICK.
                        Last edited by VinceV; 01-24-2007, 02:57 PM.
                        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Dam Fullmetal your parents named you right.
                          Yep. Sorry, I have low tolerance for the dim.

Comment

I went Sat and Sun. I didn't get checked for id at all. Even Sunday at 10am. I was waiting at the escalator to see the gibson booth.Didn't check my id or my buddies who had my brothers pass on.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                              I was there all four days and while they didn't ask for a photo ID the first three days, on Sunday they asked for one every time I entered a different hall entrance or went up the escalators. Yeah, you could argue they were doing their *job* but I thought it was quite overbearing myself too. In addition, they randomly ask you to open your bags when leaving yet they don't know what they are looking for. Could someone steal something? probably yes but at the same time there were many small items for sale or promotional things given away. Given that situation, checking people's bags is a waste of time. But hey, I'm just happy to be able to go to NAMM.

Rudy
                              www.wickedrocks.com
                              Finally someone else experienced the same thing.......

......Oh and I used the term "Nazi" in the modern - pop "manor", so please don't let your underpants get in a knot.....I fought and friends of mine died for this country so that we all might continue to be able to use "words" in the manor in which they are currently in use....Did something change?

Comment

Sorry guys, but maybe you weren't there on Sunday. Security was extremely tight that day because of all the people who sell there badges after leaving on Saturday. My buddy gave an extra pass for Sunday, which obviously didn't have my name. We watched at 10am and at every entrance they were checking IDs... all of them. My buddy is sneaky and we found a hall way where no one asked and it led into one of the rooms and I was in! But I really wanted to see the J/C booth upstairs, so I left the main hall. I looked at every escalator/elevator/stairs. There was security checking IDs at every single one. Finally the guy at the stairs walked away for a second and I sprinted up them only to find another guy at the top asking for my ID, "oops, I left it in the car", and down I went. I finally tried the escalator because I thought the girl wouldn't be a hard ass. She looked at my ID and then snatched my pass from me! My buddy was able to get it back from her a few minutes later. We walked around to the back where they were loading the huge crates. He had two kids so the lady just checked his ID and let all 4 of us in. I figure I was damn lucky to get in both times, but never got to J/C.

Yes, and thank you again......It is nice to see that I was not the only one to expeience the "over kill"....!

Comment

Working...
                                X