No announcement yet.

NAMM Show J/C Guitar specs/prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"What a world. What a world." So what you are saying is that FMIC will go back after NAMM, if they sold those ,and say, "We got those guys now. Just look at what we can charge now!!! And they can wait 18 months, and like it."
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

[QUOTE] I hear you brother, I am on the same boat!!

However, I can almost gurantee you there were members of this board working the phones this P.M. trying to find out who is getting what. [QUOTE]

Jose, find that member, I'd be surprised to know who they are, since youre guaranteeing stupidity.

I can tell you this, I had this list a week ago, and my phones are silent. And I can name three other guys who you may or may not lump into the same category youre talking about in this thread, and they arent buying either.

Honestly, I think Jackder has lost their minds. I have had calls from dealers, big C/J dealers, to let me know that if I wanted something from the show, to look elsewhere, because they arent going to reward this stupidity with an order of any sort. Charvel has 2006 NAMM stock they cant give away with an extra 25% off, and they are trying to push this shit?

BTW, the "Grover Legacy" series are:

Offset bullseye
      Vertical stripes
      Checkerboard
      Spiderweb.

$10k list each. Snap em up.
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
        "What a world. What a world." So what you are saying is that FMIC will go back after NAMM, if they sold those ,and say, "We got those guys now. Just look at what we can charge now!!! And they can wait 18 months, and like it."

Or, more likely, they will be going back scratching their heads, trying to figure out what happened.

You also have to remember something, They dont give a shit if WE buy them. All they have to do is sell them to dealers....
        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by quakana View Post
          WHat?!?!??! Did Paul Reed SMith Start working at Jackson? Just plain ridiculous

Dave, this makes PRS looks like Robin Hood.

Lets see, $7500 or so for a Private Stock PRS , or $7500 for a Rat Rod Relic soloist.....
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Well, 7500 gets you a low end PS....one with BRW and gold birds ect will demand 9-10k....but you get what I was trying to say

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
              Or, more likely, they will be going back scratching their heads, trying to figure out what happened.

You also have to remember something, They dont give a shit if WE buy them. All they have to do is sell them to dealers....
              Yikes!!! I forgot. That's dealer's price. Isn't cool too see what those guys are smoking?

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post

You got that right Shawn, we are not the customers. The dealers are.

I am glad you are not working the phones, but you know what? I've lived long enough to know someone is. They might not say who they are for fear of flaming, but there are monkeys out there trying to climb the tree.

I was asked also that if I wanted something just to let them know and I politely declined. They have truly lost it....
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I WILL NOT flame anyone for buying one of these. Thats their choice, and I completely respect that. I gurantee you own a guitar that someone else thinks youre a fool for buying. I know I own a few, but if it makes me happy, I dont give a shit what anyone thinks.

And to be honest, someone who has the ability to purchase a 5 or 10 or 15K guitar without batting an eye doesnt really give a shit what JCF weenies think of their purchase.

But I would be surprised to see them sold en masse.
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

So the prices that were up there is the MSRP. What's the "Dealer Cost"? On a $8,500 guitar, I'll bet $4,000. So the dealer "Marks" it at retail and will go down to $6,000 and the buyer "Stole it". Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                      So the prices that were up there is the MSRP. What's the "Dealer Cost"? On a $8,500 guitar, I'll bet $4,000. So the dealer "Marks" it at retail and will go down to $6,000 and the buyer "Stole it". Am I wrong?
                      I think discussions about that issue in particular should be kept private. Stuff like that is what got the PRS Forum shutdown by The Suits....
                      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Hell if you want one buy one and enjoy it, as I posted in the EVH relic thread I have no idea why people feel the need to name call those who purchase expensive things. I think they have just fucked up with these prices. J/C appeal to a certain group of people, and their average customer is not the spend 6k+ on a guitar type buyer. Of course there are exception, but if someone want a high dollar Jackson it will usually have to be a customed ordered piece for that person or a high profile type guitar(EVH AS, or those RR ltd come to mind). I am going to NAMM tomorrow and I may fall in love with one of these pieces, but I would have a hard time justifing buying one. There is no way in hell I am going to spend 6K on a Jackson(personally I don't understand the appeal of and could care less if a guitar was a NAMM piece or not), because you will have a real hard time selling that same piece for 2K if you wanted to later on. The Jackson market just does not support those prices, and I think they about to learn that the hard way.
                        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Just to echo what most have said already - but WTF is FMIC thinking here?

Talk about ruining a good thing...NAMM used to get us all excited, but not for insanely priced guitars, it was for artist series, (that sometime actually happen), new finishes, strat heads, just cool F'in guitars...but this ...I am almost speechless.

Some of you guys going to NAMM please get some people drunk who know what is going on so they can spill it...bar talk at the convention...eh who cares anyways...

Comment

Why? That's Econ 101. That formula applies to any item. The manufacturer's cost is X. The dealers cost is X+. The retail cost is X+ (X+)+ the mark-up or MSRP. That's not news. Whether the NAMM figures should be here is another issue.
                            Last edited by fett; 01-17-2007, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
                              Hell if you want one buy one and enjoy it, as I posted in the EVH relic thread I have no idea why people feel the need to name call those who purchase expensive things. I think they have just fucked up with these prices. J/C appeal to a certain group of people, and their average customer is not the spend 6k+ on a guitar type buyer. Of course there are exception, but if someone want a high dollar Jackson it will usually have to be a customed ordered piece for that person or a high profile type guitar(EVH AS, or those RR ltd come to mind). I am going to NAMM tomorrow and I may fall in love with one of these pieces, but I would have a hard time justifing buying one. There is no way in hell I am going to spend 6K on a Jackson(personally I don't understand the appeal of and could care less if a guitar was a NAMM piece or not), because you will have a real hard time selling that same piece for 2K if you wanted to later on. The Jackson market just does not support those prices, and I think they about to learn that the hard way.
                              Well said.
                              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Those list prices are fucking absurd. Shortly, I'll never be able to afford a CS Jackson if prices like that become the norm. Fuck that.

Comment

Working...
                                X