NEWS FLASH: 24 Fret RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skarhead View Post
    Btw how hard is it to go to a luthier and tell him to install a neck pickup ?
    Problematic, since it is neck-through, but doable. I'd guess he'd have to route it out from inside the trem cavity at the back of the guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by KLNowak View Post
      Yeah cause God knows nobody wants one because they just like RRs and happen to be a fan of Randy Rhoads. I am so tired of this stupid "all the 15 year old Alexi fanboys..." bullshit. Not all of us are 15, and want one because we are Alexi fans. I am 24 myself and have been a Rhoads fan for far longer than an Alexi fan and I loved the Rhoads shape before I even knew who Randy was. All the idiot COB haters need to just shut the fuck up. Weither or not you like the band don't act like Alexi and his fanboys are the only ones who want a 24 fret Rhoads.
      actually for the record i am 16, and i am a cob fan but i am a much bigger fan of roope latvala's playing than alexi's. he is a much better player and very under rated imho...he is the real reason that i want one of these, and he also played 24 fret rr's before alexi did. he was the inspiration for alexi to start using 24 fretters that said, i need to get rid of my other gutiars to get some cash for a white with black

Comment

OMG Finally! I'm gonna get one of these too! Black/red.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390 View Post
          actually for the record i am 16, and i am a cob fan but i am a much bigger fan of roope latvala's playing than alexi's. he is a much better player and very under rated imho...he is the real reason that i want one of these, and he also played 24 fret rr's before alexi did. he was the inspiration for alexi to start using 24 fretters that said, i need to get rid of my other gutiars to get some cash for a white with black
          agreed... he is much better and he stuck to Jacksons when Alexi switched...

-Also, I'm 16 as well... and I do like COB, they're pretty sick live.
          I'd get a Rhoads because of Roope, Kevin Bond, Zakk Wylde and just because they're so ill.
          Last edited by TrendkillDBD; 01-09-2007, 09:44 PM.
          "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
          Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
          Dimebag Darrell
          Chuck Schuldiner
          Cliff Burton

Comment

So because they added 2 frets, they couldn't fit the neck pickup Guess I have to wait for it's next incarnation.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Wow this is almost the vision of the RR Limited Run I was trying to get going a while back. The only thing it needs is a reversed maple neck with black binding on neck/headstock.

Comment

when will these be available?
                "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
                Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
                Dimebag Darrell
                Chuck Schuldiner
                Cliff Burton

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                  AVAILABLE: January 2007

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
                    So because they added 2 frets, they couldn't fit the neck pickup Guess I have to wait for it's next incarnation.

Well at least we don't have to hear, 'if it only had a Floyd.'
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

cool guitar... too much $

$950 would be fair

Comment

Originally posted by skarhead View Post
                        BTW. Has anyone noticed ? They moved the body further from the headstock - it's joining at the 19'th fret not at 17 like the 22fret RR.
                        Guys, that picture at the start of the thread came from the guitar generator and is not an actual picture of the guitar. It's an artist's rendering.

Please note what I wrote at the bottom of each generator page:

"The JCF Custom Shop is for entertainment purposes only. Any damages arising from its use, consequential or inconsequential, are the sole responsibility of the individual using it."

So don't sue me if the neck doesn't actually join the body at that fret!

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

It's the perfect candidate to be routed for one!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You could fit a neck pup in there just fine. Plenty of room.
                            That's what routers are for.

EDIT: Joe beat me too it.
                            -Rick

Comment

i'm buying one with my tax refund! White with black bevs

A BIG THANK YOU JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deadlock View Post
                                cool guitar... too much $

$950 would be fair
                                Matt said MAP would be about $1225, so street price would be cheaper again
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X