No announcement yet.

NEWS FLASH: 24 Fret RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok forget saving for a USA Jacksons/Charvel, I think I'll be getting one of these

Comment

Aight, and i wanted to buy a SL2h this year seems it won't happen

black/red bevels or white with black bevels ? :P

Comment

Originally posted by skarhead View Post
        BTW. Has anyone noticed ? They moved the body further from the headstock - it's joining at the 19'th fret not at 17 like the 22fret RR.

AWESOME

THANK YOU J/C
        The guitar has now 2 more frets so it`s quite of logically isn`t it?
        Anyway, I can`t wait to get hold one of these!
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
          As far as JCMI is saying right now, this is the ONLY new model being introduced at Winter NAMM.
          Not good man, that would mean no Mustaine, or even a Pro version of the KV2 if Dave doesn't come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
            All right, I don't want to hear any more whining about 24 fret Rhoads. These better fly off the shelves.
            now you're not suggesting that all the 15 year old COB fanboys that demanded this axe wouldn't actually pony up for one now that the guitar is actually being put into production?

it's a shame it's not mahogany, otherwise I'd be all over one of these
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Here are we some that like Randy Rhoads than Alexi Laiho...
              so please...

I always wanted a Rhoads with 24 frets...but, actually on a 22 I don`t miss
              this 2 frets...
              Neck-through-body 24-fret Rhoads, with ebony fingerboard, EMG® 81 bridge pickup, Floyd Rose® tremolo, single volume knob and black hardware.
              Nice red bevels and the nice colored logo...

My dream guitar...(it would be 100%perfect if it had
              I hope it has it) binding and MOP inlays...)
              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                Seen some customs ? definitely not moved IIRC

Comment

Here are we some that like Randy Rhoads than Alexi Laiho...
                  so please...

I always wanted a Rhoads with 24 frets...but, actually on a 22 I don`t miss
                  this 2 frets...
                  Neck-through-body 24-fret Rhoads, with ebony fingerboard, EMG® 81 bridge pickup, Floyd Rose® tremolo, single volume knob and black hardware.
                  Nice red bevels and the nice colored logo...

My dream guitar...(it would be 100%perfect if it had
                  I hope it has it) binding and MOP inlays...)
                  Yeah cause God knows nobody wants one because they just like RRs and happen to be a fan of Randy Rhoads. I am so tired of this stupid "all the 15 year old Alexi fanboys..." bullshit. Not all of us are 15, and want one because we are Alexi fans. I am 24 myself and have been a Rhoads fan for far longer than an Alexi fan and I loved the Rhoads shape before I even knew who Randy was. All the idiot COB haters need to just shut the fuck up. Weither or not you like the band don't act like Alexi and his fanboys are the only ones who want a 24 fret Rhoads.
                  I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Depends... they could have left the bridge in it's original place and just added two more frets. Since there's no neck pup, there's no real need for them to extend the neck.
                    However, moving the bridge forward and extending the neck will give you better access to the upper frets.

Either way, it's a killer look Rhoads.
                    -Rick

Comment

I WANT IT I WANT IT!!! and thats because im a Rhoads AND Alexi fan (and Alexi is a huge fan of Randy and you can tell.)

sweet! now i dont have to get an Edwards Laiho (screw the LTD/ESP models, they screwed up the body shape!)
                      My metal band Lucian Scott
                      Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                      Available Now!
                      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Finally! After all these years!
                        I almost can't believe it. *pinches arm*
                        Hmmm...and it's not even April yet?

This will truly be the crown jewel of the Pro series.

Must...resist...temptation...GAAAHHH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                          Finally! After all these years!
                          I almost can't believe it. *pinches arm*
                          Hmmm...and it's not even April yet?

This will truly be the crown jewel of the Pro series.

Must...resist...temptation...GAAAHHH!!
                          screw temptation...i AM going to own that guitar. White with black bevels please!
                          My metal band Lucian Scott
                          Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                          Available Now!
                          New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Originally posted by KLNowak View Post
                            Yeah cause God knows nobody wants one because they just like RRs and happen to be a fan of Randy Rhoads. I am so tired of this stupid "all the 15 year old Alexi fanboys..." bullshit. Not all of us are 15, and want one because we are Alexi fans. I am 24 myself and have been a Rhoads fan for far longer than an Alexi fan and I loved the Rhoads shape before I even knew who Randy was. All the idiot COB haters need to just shut the fuck up. Weither or not you like the band don't act like Alexi and his fanboys are the only ones who want a 24 fret Rhoads.

Bit sensitive? You've stated you're not 15 - are you a Laiho fanboy? Did you feel I was singling you out?

I'm fully aware that quite a few older members here have expressed a desire to have a non-CS 24 fret Rhoads. It's not only COB fans looking for one just to be like their hero. Some members have taken to locating and buying secondhand CS models. Others have had CS models built. I'm sure anyone of them would've been quite to buy a production model had one been available.

But the fact remains that plenty of kids have weighed in and demanded that Jackson make one, declaring they would buy one for sure if Jackson would listen to what the fans want. It'll be their biggest selling model ever, etc etc.

Of course, start a Limited Run on a guitar to this specification, and the kids with the big coin ready to drop on an Alexi model suddenly disappear. Or they suddenly have a bunch of reasons not to participate. Or they really wanted a stringthru version, or a mahogany body, or a colour-matched headstock, or tall skinny frets, or yadda yadda yadda..... Or they just need to mow 500 more lawns before they'll have the money together. In the meantime, they'll forget about this guitar-playing thing and blow their savings on Pokemon or something

I was just joking around. I think it's a way cool looking guitar and something that will make a lot of people happy. And I say "Fuck yea!" for Jackson sticking it back to ESP for ripping off their design. Just wondering if it will sell as well as the fanboys have indicated it will. Sorry if my little joke made you feel uncomfortable. I'll try to be more sensitive to your feelings next time.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

he's 24.... i think, now Vita you have to learn to play nice with us kids

and now for the snappy comeback.

wow jackson listen to you guys finally, maybe all the effort they put forth to put this thing out, has really taken it out of the Custom Shop.:ROTF: THAT EXPLAINS IT ALL!!!!!!
                              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I don't think that the even without counting the fanboys the sales will be small.

24 frets, nice looks (w. binding hopefully) , single pickup , shredmachine , people have been waiting for this since a long time.

Btw how hard is it to go to a luthier and tell him to install a neck pickup ?

Comment

Working...
                                X