Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
    So because they added 2 frets, they couldn't fit the neck pickup Guess I have to wait for it's next incarnation.
    I've seen a lot of people say they want a neck pickup. Then why not just buy and rr1t? I for one don't like neck pickups, never have. This guitar is pretty close to what I was about to spend close to 4000 dollars on in the custom shop.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

• For those that keep advising people to buy an RR1.......keep in mind this guitar is called the....

RR24

Does that not illustrate the most important feature of this guitar that is NOT on an RR1?

Comment

• Originally posted by eakinj View Post
        I've seen a lot of people say they want a neck pickup. Then why not just buy and rr1t? I for one don't like neck pickups, never have. This guitar is pretty close to what I was about to spend close to 4000 dollars on in the custom shop.
        I agree, I never use the neck pickup, but can deal with a Hum/Hum setup, but Hum/S/S picklups annoy me to no end Jack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chad View Post
          For those that keep advising people to buy an RR1.......keep in mind this guitar is called the....

RR24

Does that not illustrate the most important feature of this guitar that is NOT on an RR1?
          I think a better arguement is this is a RR24, why try to make it an RR1 which is what a lot of people are doing and they would be better served going with an RR1 then this model guitar. All the talk of adding pickups, and changing it to MOP, and the neck binding, why bother with the RR24, if all that stuff is so nessessary, then buy a custom shop guitar and avoid this one.

This guitar is what it is. It's its own model, if people don't like the features then this is the wrong model for them.

I was (and actually still am) very excited about this guitar coming out, it's close enough to what I was about to pay Jacksons custom shop $4000+ for that the minor things that I would have liked arn't really missed. It's some what discouraging to read through many excited posts to have them slowly turn and start to nit pick everything.

If this model is popular, I'm sure they'll do a two pick up version some day with 24 frets etc. But for now, I'm just happy this guitar is coming out and people really just need to relax
          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

• Originally posted by eakinj View Post
            I think a better arguement is this is a RR24, why try to make it an RR1 which is what a lot of people are doing and they would be better served going with an RR1 then this model guitar. All the talk of adding pickups, and changing it to MOP, and the neck binding, why bother with the RR24, if all that stuff is so nessessary, then buy a custom shop guitar and avoid this one.

This guitar is what it is. It's its own model, if people don't like the features then this is the wrong model for them.

I was (and actually still am) very excited about this guitar coming out, it's close enough to what I was about to pay Jacksons custom shop $4000+ for that the minor things that I would have liked arn't really missed. It's some what discouraging to read through many excited posts to have them slowly turn and start to nit pick everything.

If this model is popular, I'm sure they'll do a two pick up version some day with 24 frets etc. But for now, I'm just happy this guitar is coming out and people really just need to relax
            Amen to that brotha

Comment

• Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
              They totally should have made them glow in the dark.
              dude....that would be awesome. black body finish with glow in the dark bevels and glow in the dark inlays. im definately getting one of those made when im rolling in the millions later in life

Comment

• Rr24gitd

Originally posted by ex250nj View Post
                dude....that would be awesome. black body finish with glow in the dark bevels and glow in the dark inlays. im definately getting one of those made when im rolling in the millions later in life
                Then you'll like this:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...&postcount=559

|My CSG gallery|
                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

• yeah thatd look really cool. you'd have to keep it under a lamp for an hour before a show though for it to last any decent amount of time probably
                  Last edited by ex250nj; 01-31-2007, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chad View Post
                    For those that keep advising people to buy an RR1.......keep in mind this guitar is called the....

RR24

Tell THAT to the MOP and Binding lovers that can't seem to justify buying this guitar without them (but they still post on it). I,d rather have the extra 2 frets than MOP or binding............
                    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                      Despite the lack of binding and MOP inlays, I can hear my wallet whimpering already.

And don't forget this quote MR. MOP a few pages back.................

p.s. I might have to add this quote to my signature............
                      Last edited by 777; 01-31-2007, 04:51 PM.
                      "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

• btw: the guitar has binding and it`s black...
                        MOP ...it looks beautiful but, hey you can`t have everything...
                        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

• Originally posted by 777 View Post
                          And don't forget this quote MR. MOP a few pages back.................

p.s. I might have to add this quote to my signature............
                          man, you're really getting your panties in a bunch over my inlay preferences aren't you?

Anyway, I've decided to pass on the RR24 after all. Not because of the inlays, but because I'd rather not buy a neck-through with a recessed trem. I played a recessed Floyd the other day and suddenly remembered why I started buying old import Charvels. I recently passed on a beautiful maple-boarded Spectrum for the same reason.

I think I will build a Jackson mutt to quench my GAS for now.

Comment

You gotta be kidding right?? If your going to go through the trouble of replacing the MOTO on this guitar, your better-off just buying a RR1. I can't believe the love for inlay material on this board to justify buying a guitar????? I can see the arguement for a real OFR or real Duncans or neck-through BUT inlays.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                              man, you're really getting your panties in a bunch over my inlay preferences aren't you?

Don't take it seriously, I,m just busting on ya! I don't want you sound to like a flip-flopping Democrat over here in the States, that's all.............

Comment

Don't take it seriously, I,m just busting on ya! I don't want you sound to like a flip-flopping Democrat over here in the States, that's all.............
                                No offense taken, so don't worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X