NEWS FLASH: 24 Fret RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 777 View Post
    I hear ya! i just posted this in another thread about a neck pup. I just bought a RR5 (great fuckin guitar by the way) and put a Duncan Jazz in there, dont think I can live without it............
    All ya need is a StewMac Hum routing template, some double stick tape and a router with the plunge ball bearing bit and your in business It will look factory!
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrendkillDBD View Post
      I just realized that the ESP Laiho is cheaper... any chance of lowering the price for a slight edge on the competition?
      Umm....the ESP RV is around $4000 US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurtma View Post
        Ever heard of "get a job", guys?
        What the hell is a "job"???

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Johnson View Post
          What the hell is a "job"???
          Something that helps you to buy whatever you want without any fuzz.
          Pretty cool

Comment

• Originally posted by 777 View Post
            That blows! (for the white one anyways) That's one reason I bought a RR5 over an RR1t because the headstock matched the body. Oh well, I,m happy anyway's and it has a neck pup..............
            Yeah, I hear ya. But since it's going to have an 81, you can always swap it for an 89 with a push/pull pot or mini switch to get some single coil sounds out of it for playing clean.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by z1n View Post
              It might have the neck specs of the RR5.
              Originally posted by TrendkillDBD View Post
              makes sense since its closer the the price of the RR5 than the RR3
              the construction of the neck, rather than the price, is more likely to dictate which neck specs it is most similiar to.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by kruneh View Post
                Something that helps you to buy whatever you want without any fuzz.
                Pretty cool
                I want a peach without any fuzz...
                Hail yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post

Bit sensitive? You've stated you're not 15 - are you a Laiho fanboy? Did you feel I was singling you out?

I'm fully aware that quite a few older members here have expressed a desire to have a non-CS 24 fret Rhoads. It's not only COB fans looking for one just to be like their hero. Some members have taken to locating and buying secondhand CS models. Others have had CS models built. I'm sure anyone of them would've been quite to buy a production model had one been available.

But the fact remains that plenty of kids have weighed in and demanded that Jackson make one, declaring they would buy one for sure if Jackson would listen to what the fans want. It'll be their biggest selling model ever, etc etc.

Of course, start a Limited Run on a guitar to this specification, and the kids with the big coin ready to drop on an Alexi model suddenly disappear. Or they suddenly have a bunch of reasons not to participate. Or they really wanted a stringthru version, or a mahogany body, or a colour-matched headstock, or tall skinny frets, or yadda yadda yadda..... Or they just need to mow 500 more lawns before they'll have the money together. In the meantime, they'll forget about this guitar-playing thing and blow their savings on Pokemon or something

I was just joking around. I think it's a way cool looking guitar and something that will make a lot of people happy. And I say "Fuck yea!" for Jackson sticking it back to ESP for ripping off their design. Just wondering if it will sell as well as the fanboys have indicated it will. Sorry if my little joke made you feel uncomfortable. I'll try to be more sensitive to your feelings next time.

No worries dude, I get a little sensitive at times due to the attitude at other boards toward this sort of thing. My bad bro, didn't mean to get all pissy and I apologise for doing so. I think it is a sweet move on Jackson's part and while it is not the USA model I would have liked to be introduced I think it is a huge step in the right direction. I mean we have 24 fret standard KVs and 22 fret KVs, so why can't we have a 22 fret USA Rhoads and a USA RR with 24 frets? Well, unless Jackson wants to make extra coin knowing there is a market for it...Or there really isn't a market big enough for Jackson to take that kind of a leap which would most likely be why they went with a Pro series introduction to see how well it sells first before possibly taking another step. If they decide to add binding to this I may still buy one even though I already own an RR1 and I just bought an LTD Alexi. Weither or not I buy one though I am so stoked because at least the seed has been planted.
                  I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    the construction of the neck, rather than the price, is more likely to dictate which neck specs it is most similiar to.
                    Well, the RR5 is Neck Thru as well as the RR24, and the RR3 is a bolt on, so theoretically, it would still be closer to the RR5...
                    "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
                    Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
                    Dimebag Darrell
                    Chuck Schuldiner
                    Cliff Burton

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Johnson View Post
                      Umm....the ESP RV is around $4000 US.
                      ESP just lowered their prices for the 2007 year. Have a look at some prices now...It was only a couple hundred bucks, but at least a step in the right direction. Not to mention aren't SVs production and RVs CS?

Comment

• oh and before, I didn't mean around when they would be available, I mean are they being produced already? are they being made as I type? Are they going to be in stores soon? After NAMM?

R.I.P.
                        Dimebag Darrell
                        Chuck Schuldiner
                        Cliff Burton

Comment

• I loved the kbrr I played, it was absolutely shredtastic. After playing an RR5 I thought if this had either a floyd or an ebony board I'd consider one. Combination of the damned, this things gonna rock
                          'cept id have to route the neck hum in....hmmm

And whats with the binding nazi's? This isnt a 50's fuckin archtop its a shred machine! 2dollar junkers have binding nowdays, its not a display of quality. White binding would look way out of place (even on the white bevel).
                          Last edited by bibz; 01-10-2007, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Sorry to go off topic, but in Lamb of God's video for Ruin, was it Mark or Willie who had the Rhoads? I think its WIllie...
                            Last edited by TrendkillDBD; 01-10-2007, 08:43 PM.

R.I.P.
                            Dimebag Darrell
                            Chuck Schuldiner
                            Cliff Burton

Comment

• Originally posted by bibz View Post
                              I loved the kbrr I played, it was absolutely shredtastic. After playing an RR5 I thought if this had either a floyd or an ebony board I'd consider one. Combination of the damned, this things gonna rock
                              'cept id have to route the neck hum in....hmmm

And whats with the binding nazi's? This isnt a 50's fuckin archtop its a shred machine! 2dollar junkers have binding nowdays, its not a display of quality. White binding would look way out of place (even on the white bevel).
                              I just like binding, and I know it isn't a "50's fucking archtop" but neither is an RR1 or a KV2. Or the import soloists with binding for that matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by P I K A View Post
                                Well if its black with white bevels here ya go http://www.megadethtribute.com/Image...-11/prefro.jpg

That's my bud Will Rustrum (Hangar 18, Anger As Art)!
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X