No announcement yet.

New Ibanez collection for 2007 !!! PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The red Mick Thompson with the "SEVEN" inlay always bugged me. Cool guitar but dumb inlay! What made it even more confusing is the guitar debuted when 7 String guitars were all the rage and yet is it a 6 string, with a "SEVEN" inlay on it. The guy plays 7 string also and you kinda wonder why this guitar wasn't a 7 string, since at least then if there were 2 models at least the "SEVEN" would indicate it had seven strings. Even more foolishness is there IS an actual 7 string Mick Thompson model by BC Rich and NO inlay saying SEVEN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
      The red Mick Thompson with the "SEVEN" inlay always bugged me. Cool guitar but dumb inlay! What made it even more confusing is the guitar debuted when 7 String guitars were all the rage and yet is it a 6 string, with a "SEVEN" inlay on it. The guy plays 7 string also and you kinda wonder why this guitar wasn't a 7 string, since at least then if there were 2 models at least the "SEVEN" would indicate it had seven strings. Even more foolishness is there IS an actual 7 string Mick Thompson model by BC Rich and NO inlay saying SEVEN!!!!
      Mick Thompson never played 7s as far as I know. I've read several interview where he bashes 7 string players, calling it a fad and saying he much prefers to just downtune a 6 string.

Comment

Anymore Jem 20th pics surface yet?( seen the teaser pic and Matt's vid already) I'm very intrigued by it even though I wont be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post

its his number in slipknot chief

Comment

i think i'll get one of those 8 stringers when they become available here for sure
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I will buy an 8 string for sure.

Comment

some other news from Ibanez 2007 catalog

RG Prestige

"Contour" sharkfins on all Prestige RG's that feature sharkfins

RG2610E BK (Prestige) - 1 Hum (SD TB10), 1 knob, Black color, white body binding. Yo! Metalheadz!

SZ

SZ2020EX (Korean Pestige) features EMG's (81 & 85 )

X-series (Pointy guitars) details
                "Warrior" is caled XPT700
                V is VBT700

both Korean, bot feature DiMarzio "D Activator" pu's
                Bridge on VBT700 is recessed

Signature
                Korn model is no more K7, it's Apex and endorsed (no surprise) only by Munky
                Fixed bridge version is Korean (not Prestige) but feature DiMarzio pu's too

Artist series
                ART100 - Black Les Paul, baby!

Basses

Iceman Bass with Musicman-styled humbuckers

ATK series are back.
                Musicman-like basses with three-coil blade pu (three modes - normal single, bright single, humbucker).
                One model is Slipknot sig

EDB - now made of wood and top modlels feature Ibz/Duncan pu's

Doug Whimbish sig is discontinued.
                one more new sigs:
                Killswitch Engage sig - basically once discontinued SRX700 with custom artwork and inlay. And one knob.
                Because I don't say it
                Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post
                  Mick Thompson never played 7s as far as I know. I've read several interview where he bashes 7 string players, calling it a fad and saying he much prefers to just downtune a 6 string.
                  Yeah I actually had to go back and look not that I am a Slip Knob fan, I guess the confusion started with BC Rich. They had what they called an "M7" BC Rich sig series for him which was 6 string, and that very same year they had their own "Warlock 7" 7 string Warlock.

Comment

not blown away

Comment

Originally posted by MattyCakes View Post
                      its his number in slipknot chief
                      And the "seven" - its the same as his tatoo...

The MTM2 is nice... the MTM1 was better - but much more expensive....

Comment

The ibanez warrior huh. Dont know what to say about that one. I think my Jackson warrior looks alot better.

Comment

Discuss

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post

Discuss
                            DEE DEE DEE!!
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                            X