New Ibanez collection for 2007 !!! PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ibanez has made some smart desicisons.

Mick Thompson model is far more appealing now. 2006 model was red and had "SEVEN" inlay across half of the fretboard. Now no stupid inlay and black color - it may be played by any metalhead

Tree of life inlay on Universe is cool too.

Pointy guitars might work and might not work, though

Originally posted by chvl_91 View Post
    I think a regular fixed would be better. Trems suck sustain out of a guitar, and if you don't use it, there's no point.
    It is not a fixed trem actually, it is a locking fixed bridge. Ibanez has desingned it for JS 2000 model. There's no pivot screws and springs. The bridge is secured by two big bolts in a tunamatic fashion and has a thrid smaller bolt to adjust the angle.
    Because I don't say it
    Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

i liked the red color of the old mick signature.. i think it would be better if they kept it.. just ditch the dumb inlay
      You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

i like the V's and the warrior wannabe. ibanez has so many models already showing before namm. i wonder if they have any more up their sleeve. and no other brand is showing anything. whats up with that? i prefer the god awful esp/ltd's lol (no flaming intended) and they havent shown anything but teh possiblity of a spalted EX design and floyds on another model.

does jackson have any info on new stuff?

Comment

I know Jackson has some limited runs up there sleave, and Fender will be unveilnig the new EVH Replica, and probably hte 5150 III. Other than that I haven't heard much.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
            i liked the red color of the old mick signature.. i think it would be better if they kept it.. just ditch the dumb inlay
            Tastes differ, but in general metalheads prefer black guitars. Basically MTM is just an affordable fixed bridge RG with EMG's competing with ESP/LTD's and Jacksons of the same price range, and obviously there's no use to limit its appeal.

ibanez has so many models already showing before namm. i wonder if they have any more up their sleeve. and no other brand is showing anything. whats up with that?
            Well, it's just the leak from the dealers/distributors. All new models were pre-announced to the distributors in Autumn because Ibanez doesn't keep stock and everything is pre-ordered 3 months in advance. So Ibanez resellers have some new stuff shipped to them in January and start advertizing it.
            Because I don't say it

Comment

Just read all 10 pages of that JEMsite post... I must say most of the new models look fairly fugly.

I did like the concept of having only an "outline" of the sharktooth inlay on the fretboard.... wonder how that would look done on proper sharkfins?

The V looks ok. Would be better with a rev head. Warrior-looking travesty is fugly fugly fugly.

Comment

Tastes differ, but in general metalheads prefer black guitars. Basically MTM is just an affordable fixed bridge RG with EMG's competing with ESP/LTD's and Jacksons of the same price range, and obviously there's no use to limit its appeal.
                not a basic RG i'd like to mention - mahogany body and bindingi.

You can still get the old Thompson - it's not discontinued afaik

Comment

Originally posted by skarhead View Post
                  not a basic RG i'd like to mention - mahogany body and bindingi.

You can still get the old Thompson - it's not discontinued afaik
                  yea, but it's got the dumb inlay lol ..

they should discontinue it and offer both colours on the new one

i wonder if jackson has got any new maple fretboard guitars..

please tell me that the warrior will get a maple fretboard.. plaese please please..
                  with the piranha inlays... trans black .. yum

Comment

I'm not a slipknot fan, but that guitar is really cool. I'm digging the locking nut + fixed bridge with fine tuners.

One of these is a DCGL but it has a "Seven" inlay. Is that the same guitar or a different model of the Mick signature guitar. Personally I'd rather go for no inlay, especially since i don't like the band.

Ibanez warrior rip-off = super lame!

Comment

the red one is super sweet.

it's a neck through though.. mahogany wings

Comment

Warrior

Looks to me like somone smassed that upper left wing against a wall lol..Pointy..pointy...pointy...Splat:ROTF:
                        Haters gonna hate
                        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Not sure if it's been posted yet or not but I found out yesterday that list on the JEM 20th Anniversary is $6666.65. I've got video of the guitar if anyone is interested and I have 5 of these on order.
                          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Man that Mick Thompson guitar actually really is cool....I might have to grab one!

Comment

I don`t like Ibanes..
                              They just rip of shapes and stuff
                              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Just received new Ibanez catalog
                                huh... red Mick Thompson sig (MTM1) is still there
                                and the black one (MTM2) has cheaper specs - bolt-on, cheaper bridge, covered V7/V8 instead of EMG's

MBM1 (Matt Bachland of Shadows Fall) that is basically RGA with EMG's is more appealing
                                Because I don't say it

Comment

Working...
                                X