Fender's Secret Weapon?.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would.

I do, buy, say, and believe all things Mustaine.

You should too, because he said so.

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL View Post
      I would.

+1

Comment

As far as I know from the local ESP distributor, ESP and Mustaine parted ways because ESP thought that Dave is not popular enough to promote 2 totally different signature models (partly because many of his fans are too loyal to Jackson) and Mustaine is keen to have both V-shaped and X-shaped signature models.

From this point of view it's more likely that Mustaine will be endorsed by some smaller brand, where he will be very big fish in the pond. Of course, there're also chances that he will be back with Jackson.
        Because I don't say it
        Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          Fender wanting a share of the metal market is why they bought Jackson, because they'd been so spectacularly unsuccessful with their own marque in that niche in the past.
          Ahhhh, good point.

But was'nt one of the reasons that Dave left Jackson because Fender bought them out, and Mustaine was going to put an offer on the table?

Comment

I guarantee that ESP wasn't complaining of poor Mustaine sales. I'm sure more DV8Rs have been sold than say...George Lynch models since Dave signed on.
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
              I guarantee that ESP wasn't complaining of poor Mustaine sales. I'm sure more DV8Rs have been sold than say...George Lynch models since Dave signed on.
              Yeah, but it's all about endoresment terms. Endorsement deals may vary from "we give you a couple of guitars, hope you don't mind seeing your photo on last page of our catalog" to "you make me exclusive CS guitars and owe me royalties from any piece of signature model sold, royalties for ads and royalties for any time I show up with your guitars at the gig".

So if one party (or both) considers that the benefits are not worth the contributions, that's the end of the deal.
              Because I don't say it

Comment

I agree, but that's not what you said in your prior post at all.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

ESP was not complaining on poor DV8R sales. But they probably expected more. Basically both parties expected more, as far as I can see. No big deal anyway. It's just business.

Also ESP probably wasn't much happy that Dave is still keeping his "Number One" and even featured it in a video Of Mice And Man (not playing himself though, a guy who was "young Mustaine" did). It's enough for them that Metallica plays Gibsons (and in case of Kirk also Jaclson RR) in public (or makes foto shoots with them for different 'zines) every once in a while
                  Because I don't say it

Comment

EVH approved!!

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot View Post
                      EVH approved!!

Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Timmy View Post
                        Anyone heard about a "secret weapon" that Fender is suposed to unveil in January at NAMM ?....
                        Yes, I know what the 'secret weapon' is............... it's and ED-209 style droid that blasts away anyone seen playing anything other than a Jackson (unfortunately, Fender overlooked a gliche in it's programme and it also destroys anyone playing a Fander Strat or Tele)!
                        sigpic
                        And on the 8th day,
                        God kicked back with a beer,
                        And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Comment

Judging by the spelling, I'm guessing that you were the droid's inept programme'r.

Comment

I would.

I used to be a huge Megadeth fan, until Dave told me to fuck off. Now he can eat a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by Argos View Post
                              I used to be a huge Megadeth fan, until Dave told me to fuck off. Now he can eat a dick.
                              Damn.

Comment

I would.

This is my new mantra. :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                                X