Price hike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
    +1000000000000000000000. Yours truly and thousands of other luthiers worldwide have been saying this for decades, but unfortunately in the age if instant gratification with zero thought as to the consequences other than "it costs less", these words are heeded even less than they were ten years ago.
    indeed!
    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Yea ESP's are way overpriced for the quality. What I mean is I never played a ESP that didn't sound sterile and dull. Thats all in the wood and build quality and the big difference between USA Made and Korea made, hell the Japanese build a guitar practically as well as the USA made guitars. My Charvel 750xl is as good as most USA made guitars I've played. And the for price I got it for, it smokes any other ESP in existance.

Comment

I would have say that yes since their price hike last year, ESP are way over priced. I own an MII Urban Camo and the attention to detail is outstanding. I mean no flaws in fit and finish. I am anal about my guitars and I went over it more then once and could find nothing wrong at all. The same held true for an M1 Lynch Tiger I had a couple of yeears ago. Unfortunatly I have not been able to say that about my Charvels and Jacksons for along time - many years. However I still buy them and enjoy them.
        Last edited by Predator1; 01-21-2007, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
          +1000000000000000000000. Yours truly and thousands of other luthiers worldwide have been saying this for decades, but unfortunately in the age if instant gratification with zero thought as to the consequences other than "it costs less", these words are heeded even less than they were ten years ago.
          Ages ago Michaelangelo (I don't mean Batio ) said something like this - "I just take a piece of marble, cut all useless stuff from it and free the statue out of it".

Basically building the guitar is the same - the luthier takes a piece of decent wood and his only mission is not to waste it.
          Because I don't say it
          Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

It's lose / lose for everyone!

Id love to know the % of members on this board who are willing to shell out 2k+ for a USA Jackson (or any USA made guitar) Ive owned 4 USA Jacksons, and all have been used, I couldnt justify a new one. There will always be used guitars on the market, but I cant see more increases helping anyone out!
            Last edited by gemini8026; 01-07-2007, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisb View Post
              hell the Japanese build a guitar practically as well as the USA made guitars.

If not better than most..............
              Last edited by 777; 01-07-2007, 11:42 AM.
              "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Originally posted by gemini8026 View Post

Id love to know the % of members on this board who are willing to shell out 2k+ for a USA Jackson (or any USA made guitar) Ive owned 4 USA Jacksons, and all have been used, I couldnt justify a new one. There will always be used guitars on the market, but I cant see more increases helping anyone out!
                I agree with ya... I mean that almost starts to approach old custom shop prices... so much for me getting a custom shop... it's ridiculous! Maybe FMIC had to hike prices to pay for EVH's ass to be onboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                  I have heard a rumor of a significant price hike. Can anyone confirm it?
                  Not for the USA Select Series...go to the http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resources/pricelist.php
                  Its that same prices for the US Made stuff as last year

But for the custom shop, they are going way up. There's another thread concerning that.
                  Gear--- 2005 ESP LTD Dave Mustaine Axxion
                  Roland Micro Cube

Comment

Originally posted by gemini8026 View Post

If the prices increase then people will start asking more for their used Jacksons also So simply, you'll just have to pay more for your Jackson...
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

AFAIK, the price increase is only on custom shop stuff.
                      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                        If the prices increase then people will start asking more for their used Jacksons also So simply, you'll just have to pay more for your Jackson...
                        I agree, I may hold on to mine for a little while until it is worth more-maybe Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfastball7 View Post
                          Not for the USA Select Series...go to the http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resources/pricelist.php
                          Its that same prices for the US Made stuff as last year

But for the custom shop, they are going way up. There's another thread concerning that.
                          True on the Select Series, but they went up about 15% last year, so they were even less in 2005. Either way, they are pricing them out of my league now. I am very curious as to what the CS increase will be. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                          X