• Show
Clear All

Price hike =

Maybe I should buy my WRMG now...

Comment

Originally posted by Deadlock View Post
      Price hike =

I bought my KV2 just before the price hike thingy.All I have to do is wait for 4 months
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Deadlock View Post
        Price hike =

I would! My RR5 I just bought (Ivory w/black pin stripes) before the new year $1199, now $1274 and I bet it will go up more than that...........But it is WELL worth the money! (for that model anyways)
        Last edited by 777; 01-04-2007, 06:16 PM.
        "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

No price hike please It makes J/C players sad
          Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
          Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
          Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

ESP prices are going down in 2007 hint hint...

I was going to buy a WRMG a few years ago right before jackson prices went up. The day I went onto guitarxpress (when they still carried jackson) the WRMG was something like $100 more than it was the day before. I never ordered it. Now the price is going up again? grrrr.

Comment

Oh well fuck them. I just bought an LTD Alexi 600. Now let's see Jackson put out a Rhoads with a bound ebony neck and bound headstock, 24 fret fingerboard, alder body and poplar wings (standard on a RR) with a three piece maple neck thru body for under $1,100...yeah, won't happen. Oh and considering this axe has everything I wanted in a custom Rhoads fuck Jackson, I got it out the door for $1,087.

Originally posted by 777 View Post
              I would! My RR5 I just bought (Ivory w/black pin stripes) before the new year $1199, now $1274 and I bet it will go up more than that...........But it is WELL worth the money! (for that model anyways)
              That is fucked up they charge so much for an RR5, first year they made them they were only like $949. Which is why I went with the LTD, I mean I paid $200 less for my LTD than for an RR5 and I got an ebony fingerboard (rosewood on import RRs), 24 frets, binding on headstock and neck (no binding or 24 frets on imported RRs, no 24 frets on import or USA RRs). As much as I would love a CS Rhoads, I think I may just end up playing ESP again as their quality is really badass and if the circulating rumors of them lowering prices (which I have from several reliable sources that they will) why play Jackson anymore? I mean I love them, but Fender are out of their fucking minds, just like Gibson they think the guitar is cut from gold instead of wood.
              Last edited by KLNowak; 01-05-2007, 04:02 AM.
              I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

your LTD is also made in korea, where the worker got 2 cents for making your guitar.

if you wanted the same guitar as the LTD, you could've bought Jackson Stars .. same price range, USA features, japan made

for what it's worth, i piss on anything made in aisa, that's not japan. not worth my money, no matter what quality it is
                You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

It would really suck if Jackson raised the prices as much as you guys are saying. I'm tempted to buy an ESP, Ibanez or BC Rich instead of the WRMG I've been looking at. However, guitar prices aren't really set in stone. If you go to a guitar store you can always get the price down...like with cars.

Comment

Originally posted by KLNowak View Post
                    Oh well fuck them. I just bought an LTD Alexi 600. Now let's see Jackson put out a Rhoads with a bound ebony neck and bound headstock, 24 fret fingerboard, alder body and poplar wings (standard on a RR) with a three piece maple neck thru body for under $1,100...yeah, won't happen. Oh and considering this axe has everything I wanted in a custom Rhoads fuck Jackson, I got it out the door for $1,087.

That is fucked up they charge so much for an RR5, first year they made them they were only like $949. Which is why I went with the LTD, I mean I paid $200 less for my LTD than for an RR5 and I got an ebony fingerboard (rosewood on import RRs), 24 frets, binding on headstock and neck (no binding or 24 frets on imported RRs, no 24 frets on import or USA RRs). As much as I would love a CS Rhoads, I think I may just end up playing ESP again as their quality is really badass and if the circulating rumors of them lowering prices (which I have from several reliable sources that they will) why play Jackson anymore? I mean I love them, but Fender are out of their fucking minds, just like Gibson they think the guitar is cut from gold instead of wood.
                    Sorry, man, but comparing Price /Quality ratios on guitars coming from different countries with MASSIVELY different salaries, enviromnmental rules, cultures and resulting work ethics is just as productive as trying to convince an apple that it´s an orange. It just doesn´t work.

Or is that korean flying over to the US to drink his coffee at starbucks and shop at Sears on a daily basis?

Also: Not everyone considers 24 frets and the loss of a neck humbucker an improvement.

It´s good that you found something you like, but your logic here is more than flawed IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                      your LTD is also made in korea, where the worker got 2 cents for making your guitar.

if you wanted the same guitar as the LTD, you could've bought Jackson Stars .. same price range, USA features, japan made

for what it's worth, i piss on anything made in aisa, that's not japan. not worth my money, no matter what quality it is

I have to agree with you there. The Jackson RR5 (made in Japan) is fuck'in excellent!! I played this along side a RR1t and the same quility was there.(for a grand less) Dropped a Duncan SH-2 Jazz in the neck and same tone/feel. (sorry USA folks!)
                      "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
                        Sorry, man, but comparing Price /Quality ratios on guitars coming from different countries with MASSIVELY different salaries, enviromnmental rules, cultures and resulting work ethics is just as productive as trying to convince an apple that it´s an orange. It just doesn´t work.

Or is that korean flying over to the US to drink his coffee at starbucks and shop at Sears on a daily basis?

Also: Not everyone considers 24 frets and the loss of a neck humbucker an improvement.

It´s good that you found something you like, but your logic here is more than flawed IMO
                        I wasn't comparing it to an RR1, I was comparing it to the shitty RR3s and JS30RRs that Jackson imports. I know not everyone considers 24 frets and the loss of a humbucker an improvement, I love neck pickups I just can't be bothered to switch live so screw em. As far as 24 frets I think they kick ass. And I was also making note of the fact that the only import Rhoads you can get with a neck-thru other than the Kevin bond is the RR5, which costs even more than the Kevin Bond. But like you said "different strokes for different folks"

Originally posted by Davey View Post

for what it's worth, I piss on anything made in aisa, that's not japan. not worth my money, no matter what quality it is
                        I don't care he only got paid $.02 for building the guitar...That is his problem. As for Jackson Stars, I have given those some thought, but since I don't speak Japanese and the LTD has better wood, quality and an Original Floyd instead of a shitty licensed one...

:shrug:
                        Last edited by KLNowak; 01-05-2007, 08:47 PM.

Comment

This thread is getting good................

Comment

I would also like to point out that I was speculating that Jackson if they do indeed do another 24 fret model Rhoads it will most likely be another shitty import like the JS30RR, or of similar quality to the RR3 or maybe even the RR5. If so then comparing those to the LTD then I got a hell of a deal. I am not knocking Jackson in any way other than the fact that they seem to think their guitars belong hanging on collector's walls and not in the hands of musicians.

Now breaking down some of the features of the RR5:

Quartersawn (?) maple neck,
                            String-thru TOM
                            no bindin
                            gold hardware,
                            22 frets on a rosewood board with neck-thru construction.
                            Alder body with poplar wings
                            Sharkfin inlays

LTD Alexi-600:
                            Alder body, poplar wings
                            24 fret neck-thru construction
                            Sawtooth inlays
                            Three piece maple neck
                            Ebony board
                            Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
                            binding on neck and head.

As far as my personal tastes it smokes just about any Rhoads in its price range. If the Kevin Bond Rhoads had 24 frets and a double locking trem I would have loved one of those as I love the blood red bevels. Either way though the RR5 is still a excellent quality guitar. I love Jackson, don't get me wrong but way too many people treat it as the be all end all guitar company.
                            Last edited by KLNowak; 01-06-2007, 12:07 AM.

Comment

LTD is a lower class than MIJ Jacksons.

Comparing just features means nothing... wood is everything... cheap wood makes all the features useless... I'm not rich enough to buy cheap stuff... Also there's a big market of used Jacksons... save your money and buy used USA Jackson...
                              Because I don't say it
                              Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Originally posted by Carbophos View Post
                                ....Comparing just features means nothing... wood is everything... cheap wood makes all the features useless... .......
                                +1000000000000000000000. Yours truly and thousands of other luthiers worldwide have been saying this for decades, but unfortunately in the age if instant gratification with zero thought as to the consequences other than "it costs less", these words are heeded even less than they were ten years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X