No announcement yet.

Price hike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does that include imports too? I've got my eyes on a DK2M, and I just have to wait for the money to come in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
      25% holy zoinkzzzzz:eek
      Actually, I heard from a source that it might be double that for a Custom Shop now.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I hope this doesn't include imports... it sure sucks though.
        If it happens I also wonder how this will relate to european prices. They are quite high already...
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Lots of speculation here! From what I've heard, I expect a noticeable increase, though I have been told that they are 'aware of the concerns' and are not going to 'alienate their customers with a ridiculous increase' or words to that effect.

I have also heard that Jackson CS orders will become proportionally more expensive than Charvel orders, and from 2 quotes I've just had back, that would appear to be true (a sunburst strathead Charvel with floyd was 600 less than a solid white rev head Jackson dinky).

Oh, and it looks like Charvels will become custom order only, as I guess they really are now. I imagine the 'production' models didn't sell enough, but that's no surprise when they put out so damn many v/t pointies...
          Last edited by neilli; 12-22-2006, 05:59 AM.
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

A price increase isn't a surprise at all, Look at the Fender Custom Shop prices, by that standard, Jackson and Charvel Custom Shop Guitars are a bargain (at least in FMIC's eyes)

The Fender Custom shop pricing is insane, High end Fenders are more expensive than Gibsons.

They know their market and are looking to create an exclusive product, problem is only Drs and lawyers will be able to buy them.

Another problem for players is the market impact of the guitar as art phenomena - guitars are expensive as guitars but cheap when though of as art - there's a lot of high end guitars adorning peoples walls not getting played.

Comment

anyone? confirmed?

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                Oh, and it looks like Charvels will become custom order only, as I guess they really are now. I imagine the 'production' models didn't sell enough, but that's no surprise when they put out so damn many v/t pointies...
                +1. The brass trems are clearly oriented towards the "old school" guys, but many of those aren't looking to buy new. Possibly overshot the VT share of the market.

The price increase is real, saw it in a quote of my own recently. But, without detailed price lists, can't understand the specifics.

Comment

So is it safe to assume that quotes from the past couple of days probably reflect the increase? I spec'ed a Charvel that was basicly a Standard Series with a Strathead and was somewhat shocked by the list price. Yes I dropped the weight limit and asked for a guitar with the same spec's as the Standard Series + the Strathead. It was a noticable increase from 6 months ago.When I got a quote for the same guitar before they quit taking orders in July.

Comment

All Charvels are going to be custom order only? Even pointy's? I just ordered a pointy - should be here in a few days. Glad I got it when I did. I wouldn't want to wait a year (or more) for a guitar - especially a pointy. I'll post pics when I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
                      A price increase isn't a surprise at all, Look at the Fender Custom Shop prices, by that standard, Jackson and Charvel Custom Shop Guitars are a bargain (at least in FMIC's eyes)
                      Fender CS splits into "team built" and "master built". Teambuilts cost like USA select models. Masterbuilts cost more than average (which means no crazy graphics and stuff) Jackson CS. This is a smart positioning.
                      Because I don't say it
                      Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

ORiginaly posted by MarkD: "hahaha....i hope not. i remember buying brand new soloists with graphics for 1300 a couple of years ago!!! those days are gone forever....."
                        ----------------------------------------
                        Hmmm... maybe we can time warp like Petrucci did. :ROTF:
                        Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
                        Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
                        Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Many companies raise their prices every year, I know PRS and Suhr are both increasing theirs for 07.

If any companies are lowering their prices, it's only because their guitars are made in some third world country.
                          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

When you compare the custom product made by Fender or Jackson in the same building, it's amazing what Jackson will get you for your money, IMO.

A price hike is inevitable. It's just a matter of time.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

there goes the oportunity to ever own a new jackson or a CS jackson... unless the paychecks rise severely over here, i cant buy shit anymore.

major suckage
                              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by GTarman68 View Post
                                It's Called LEAN MANUFACTURING..Latest craze in MFG started by Toyota..It sucks balls too...
                                *Offtopic*
                                Lean production and a companies pricing structure have no direct correlation whatsoever. I also hated it for years, then I came to understand it and where the typical issues in it´s application lie. BTW Lean is only a "recent" craze in those industries that didn´t start with it 10 years ago, as the methods are far from new. I was initially introduced to them in Business Ed. in the 10th grade while in Berlin, that was ´91.

As a general rule when a company tries to apply lean methods to their production the idea is to make production both more efficient (lower wait time) and more flexible (like the one off USA Select reverse headstocks everyone is constantly clamoring for) while not upsetting currently implemented structures. The idea is to diversify the offerings while actually lowering the individuals workload so as to increase productivity by reducing total stress and also eliminating any waste anywhere in teh process, such as time spent searching for misplaced tools or long transportation times as a result of insufficient planning when the workplaces were originally created.. When combined with a decent set of controlling methods such as those encompassed in Six Sigma, Lean can make your life heaven while increasing the company´s options on many fronts.

Either way, one is a tool used to optimize production capacity (when employed properly, and that´s exactly where most US companies drop the ball), the other is a result of sales figures, market research, base costs and operation overhead + profit margin.

And no, I´m not a lean consultant nor do I currently work for a company that employs these methods. But I do apply them to my individual workplace, usually to great effect, and have for years
                                Last edited by Zerberus; 01-04-2007, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X