No announcement yet.

Summer NAMM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From th ebuyers that I have talked to, they were none-to-thrilled that it was in Austin.

Who wants to go to Texas in July? I mean, no offense, but not everyone likes 100 degree heat. I personally don't mind, and I'll be there, but it wasn't a very popular choice.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Unfortunately I won't be there this time either There's too much going on...
      I don't know who's idea it was for Austin...Chicago would be more like it Who's with me?
      Anyways, hope you guys (who are going) have a great time!

- Joel
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

Austin is a great town. I'd go there even in the heat. That place absolutely rocks. I'm not even a fan of Texas, and I was prepared to not like it, but Austin blew me away. Great town.

Comment

I will be there...the convention center is just a few blocks from my office so I'll be in and out on Friday. I'm in all day Saturday.

Comment

As soon as I can find a pass, I'll be there!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I'd love to go if someone can supply a pass... hell I'd even pay for it, I've always wanted to go to NAMM...
              Jackson USA GMG WR1
              Jackson USA SW WR1

Comment

With so much that can be done over the internet these days, I'm not surprised to hear Summer NAMM may be on the way out.

Then again, it's usually just a repeat of Winter NAMM, isn't it?

I can see the good-intention of having it twice a year to give those folks who couldn't make it all the way to Anaheim in January a chance to meet and greet, but Summer is not the time to get anywhere near the Southern states.

Maybe they should look at Toronto or Anchorage?
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yea, us Southerners are stoopid, it's hotter than hell, and we feed yankees to our pet skeeters.
                  "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Newc
                    With so much that can be done over the internet these days, I'm not surprised to hear Summer NAMM may be on the way out.

Then again, it's usually just a repeat of Winter NAMM, isn't it?

I can see the good-intention of having it twice a year to give those folks who couldn't make it all the way to Anaheim in January a chance to meet and greet, but Summer is not the time to get anywhere near the Southern states.

Maybe they should look at Toronto or Anchorage?

I agree Newc,
                    I went to Summer Namm last year and it only offered half of the excitement that Winter NAMM had. Indi was a nice town, Nothing against it. But there was no where near the action of winter NAMM. If I was near, I would go. Worth the time if you dont have to fly in..Spend 4 nites and fly out. Personally, I think Denver would be a cool centrally located place for a summer NAMM. Certainly not Phoenix. Although I wouldnt mind.
                    I am personally not going to this summer's NAMM due to my schedule and other obligations. Everyone going...please have a shot for me.
                    Rock on,
                    Mike
                    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Will do, Mike. Bummer you won't be there.

I'll definitely have one for 'ya.

- E.
                      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

So, who else is going besides:

Myself
                        Tim
                        Eric
                        Jack
                        Annah
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I never scored any passes, but I wanted to go bad.
                          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Keep and eye out guys for a Bolt on Archtop Death angel with a koa neck and body. That would be mine. There is a small chance like with NEWC that it might show up there since it was being worked on at the same time as the other NAMM pieces. If its there, please get pics and feel free to play her! Like Newc said though. You break it, you bought it

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisb
                              Like Newc said though. You break it, you bought it
                              Like we give a crap what Newc said. The guy's a windbag.:ROTF: This time tomorrow I'll be on Planet X.
                              Last edited by StukaJU87; 07-12-2006, 03:21 PM.
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
                                Like we give a crap what Newc said. The guy's a windbag.:ROTF:
                                Hee hee hee hee hee

Careful, Scott, he might break out the ol' nuclear explosion pic on ya!
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X