No announcement yet.

ETA for new jackson imports in the uk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my local Fender (and thus Jackson) stockist only seems to keep the Indian built JS's and the occasional Jap model (usually a DK of some description).

I asked them when they were likely to get any USA spec guitars and they looked at me like I was mad.

The bit that makes me laugh is that they have a glass case for showing off their best guitar, which is a Fender Telecaster priced at about £4 or £500. They have more expensive 2nd hand guitars on the racks (go figure).

Do any UK Jackson dealers have a hotline to the Custom Shop like the US dealers do?

Has it always been this bad in UK? I didn't think it was, but maybe I am viewing it with rose tinted specks from when I got my first Jackson (95).

Sorry we are going off topic a bit here.

Comment

I just wish that we did have a direct line.......I've been waiting for 9 months on a price for what is basically a KE2 in Crimson Swirl (A non-Select Graphic). I've been promised phone calls on countless occasions but nothing as yet...very frustrating!!!

Steve

Comment

You can get USA Selects from your UK retailer (provided they have an account with Fender UK). The problem is that gems like these USA's are strictly special order affairs and require full deposits upfront. Well let's see... nope, I don't have a spare £2100 in my pocket. And I'm not living like shit for 6-7 months just to afford one. A simple stock check doesn't take any longer than 5 minutes. I'm no stranger to the lack of a return call from my local retailer. It's annoying when 1 shop pisses you about, but even more so when they're the only local one who has a dealership with Jackson/Fender. I mean, if the guitar is fucked or doesn't turn up, wtf are you supposed to do? To get your money back, you have to go to frikkin Trading Standards!
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The way we work is that a deposit of around £250 will start the ball rolling as generally, USA selects take 12 months to order (although, I've just recieved an SL2H in Snakeskin, ordered only 6 months ago) and I don't think it's fair to take a full payment first when you have so long to wait. Most of my customers pay so much a month so it's not such a big outlay in one go. Fortunately, my custom shop will be around 18 months until it's delivered which gives me plenty of time to pay for it!!!

Cheers
          Steve

Comment

Not good enough for me. As a serious customer I would want more service for my money. I spend less money on cars!!!

Until this improves I will NOT buy any new Jackson. I will continue to look for older models. This is a shame on the part of Jackson since they could make a mint out of my quest for the perfect twin neck.

I have to say something good about Fender though: I was getting desperate to find a JE1200 circuit (no-one on here was forthcoming), I rang Fender Europe and they had 2 in stock! I couldn't believe it. I did have to pay through the nose for it but at least it was available.

Comment

(grating noise)... still waiting...
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
              X