Kahler Tremolos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kahler Tremolos

I think offereing it as an option as being pretty cool for those that like them. I just wouldnt care to see any production models ruined like so many original SD Charvels were [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But hey, if your gonna recreate the originals may as well go all the way
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Kahler with the heavy spring set and a Floyd locknut. The reason I don't have any newer Jacksons is because they come with Floyds. I absolutely refuse to buy a guitar with a Floyd, because there is not one thing I like about that bridge.

Comment

Hell ya!!!! Kahlers rule!! It shoulda been an option all along!! I'll buy one!!
        I love admins!

Comment

Last edited by SGplayer; 07-15-2006, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Hmm, never had a problem maneuvering a Floyd, and I usually put 4 or 5 springs on them anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Last edited by SGplayer; 07-15-2006, 12:12 AM.

Comment

My first USA Jackson and first USA Charvel guitars both have Kahlers....so YES to Kahlers!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Any pics of Guitars w/kahlers, here's a 84 Gibson SG standard, has active Emg's, note the Gibson stringlock.

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to pick on you, but John created this thread, I think, with the intention of determining if there may be an opportunity to add them somewhere into the model lineup. If you want to start a Kahler pics thread, by all means, start one in the Non Jackson/Charvel section. Let's keep this thread relatively clear so John can have his feedback.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

I like Kahlers and Floyds.

Comment

a Jackson without a Kahler just isn't a Jackson!

Comment

Hey JCMktguy!! Now that you heard tons of us want Kahlers, now how about some more reverse headstocks!!!???
                        I love admins!

Comment

I had a kahler on a BC Rich Strat, I liked it a lot, but I had tuning problems, use the bar a couple of times and it would go out. Was it because of the heavy bottom end gauge I used maybe? 10-52

Comment

Kahler [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] Floyd Only. The reason I say this is because I never played a guitar with a Kahler that stayed in tune for 5 seconds. If a Kahler would be an option it would have to have a Floyd type locking nut. I believe the lack of a true locking nut at the "zero fret" postion was Kahler's downfall. There's just is too much binding on the nut itself causing tuning problems. A good example of something similar was the zero fret on the old Gretsch's. Not the same scenerio, but similar in a tuning respect. On the positive side for Kahler is that the design leads to a more traditional "tremolo", thus giving more control to the non-dive bombers and great for blues and Jazz players alike.
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Bengal651, I can almost guarantee you the problem was the string lock. On Jackson and BCR pointies, the string angle of the G, B, and E strings keep them from sitting under the blocks. I've found you have to pull the strings straight through the lock, lock it down, and then fine tune. A major PITA, which is why I switched to the flip locks wherever I could.

Comment

I would rather Floyd but a Kahler would not be a deal breaker.

Comment

Working...
                                X