Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EVH

http://www.vintagekramer.com/5150f.htm

scroll down and there's a several les pauls including a 5150 twin hum floyd model

Comment

does anyone have any pics / links to info about this signature model?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        does anyone have any pics / links to info about this signature model?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe there is any info on it... Read this quote from Hippietim:

[ QUOTE ]
        Well, my post may have been a joke but Eddie most definitely has played a LP. It's well known that he recorded with them and I believe he even played one that had a Floyd and the red/white/black striped paint job.

[/ QUOTE ]
        Occupy JCF

Comment

I am pretty sure that he played a LP one the first ablum. The fluttering sound at the end of the solo in You really got me is down with a LP by flicking the selector between a pup that is on and one that this off. Not something that is too easy to do with his VHI guitar [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I am pretty sure that he played a LP one the first ablum. The fluttering sound at the end of the solo in You really got me is down with a LP by flicking the selector between a pup that is on and one that this off. Not something that is too easy to do with his VHI guitar [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the shark guitar was used for that.... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the shark guitar was used for that.... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your RIGHT!! It was an Ibanez Destroyer (that's right an IBANEZ)that he used on all the tracks without a wammy. The neck pup was disconected, thats how he got that "fluttering" sound with the toggle switch.........
              "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

wasn't it a flying v - i heard that was what was used for hot for teacher?

Comment

Yes, he used a '58 Gibson flying V for HFT. I was talking about alot of the first 3 albums.......
                  "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your RIGHT!! It was an Ibanez Destroyer (that's right an IBANEZ)that he used on all the tracks without a wammy. The neck pup was disconected, thats how he got that "fluttering" sound with the toggle switch.........

[/ QUOTE ]

yep. Ibanez Korina Destroyer. In various interviews, he goes on about how it was a great guitar until he ruined it by turning it into the shark. lol. Although the shark is what inspired the charvel star.

There's still a lot of debate as to whether the body wood on Eddie's destroyer was really korina or painted ash. IIRC, all the Ibanez catalogs stated that the korina guitars were really painted ash. The debate arises from Eddie's statements about he wanted to get another Ibanez Destroyer to replace the one that he ruined, but that the new ash ones sounded like turkeys. Which kind of implies that Eddie had a prototype destroyer made out of real korina.

but no one on the Ibanez forums has ever seen a destroyer made out of real korina. so there is an equal amount of speculation that eddie was just friggin high. lol.

ok, there's your eddie trivia for the day.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I've owned some "korina" Ibanez guitars and have never seen any made of real korina either. I've also read all of those EVH interviews. My guess is that he just had a really good sounding ash Destroyer and the later ones he tried were also ash, but just didn't have the mojo that his original had.

Comment

Didn't Eddie borrow that Destroyer from Chris Holmes?

Comment

i wish he would have just stayed with charvel. it would make sense. kinda pisses me off he went to gibson.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think hippietim was joking when he said that about EVH moving to Gibson. He changes endorsements like the wind, but he is still with Charvel for the time being, correct?

Comment

Yeah, you really have to watch that time fellow. You can't trust him too much. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                i wish he would have just stayed with charvel. it would make sense. kinda pisses me off he went to gibson.

[/ QUOTE ]

People are either really sarcastic, or they just don't bother to read more than one or two threads of any given post... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

- E.
                                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                                X