Best in Show NAMM 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best in Show NAMM 2006

Who gets the blue ribbon in guitar painting for the 2006 NAMM county fair? These 2 dudes had the most entries by far, so I chose to eliminate a few other contestants from the poll.

(this page can help you figure out who did what - http://www.jacksonguitars.com/custom...lery.php?pg=1)
    Mike Learn
    0%
    Dan Lawrence
    0%

Re: Best in Show NAMM 2006

I voted DL, for the amazing Samurai Kelly, both had amazing stuff there, but that Samurai(sketch) scene is awesome.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

I like mike learn

Comment

dan. no question.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I refuse to choose! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I consider this art & as such it's a totally subjective thing. I will say that Mike's cutting-edge work has appealed to me a little more recently, & Dan seemed to be more focused on retro-style stuff. That isn't the case at this show. I love what both of them have come up with, especially Dan's Kelly & Mike's Tele! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I refuse to choose! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I consider this art & as such it's a totally subjective thing. I will say that Mike's cutting-edge work has appealed to me a little more recently, & Dan seemed to be more focused on retro-style stuff. That isn't the case at this show. I love what both of them have come up with, especially Dan's Kelly & Mike's Tele! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 I can't/won't choose either. They both kick ass [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I didn't vote for either - they're both amazing artists, and I'm in awe [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] What I will say is that I don't really like the whole gothic skulls stuff, which means that alot of what Mike does doesn't appeal to me, so if I had a gun to my head, I'd go for Dan.....

Personally, many of the more advanced graphics have looked too busy recently - the Samurai, Hells Koi pond, the extreme Kelly, coloured Dragon etc all look great close up, but from more than a couple of feet away, the graphic disappears and the guitar looks like skittle-vomit.....
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

dude, skittle vomit would be a great band name for a kid metal band.
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'll have to copyright it quickly then won't I? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Quote:
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I refuse to choose! I consider this art & as such it's a totally subjective thing. I will say that Mike's cutting-edge work has appealed to me a little more recently, & Dan seemed to be more focused on retro-style stuff. That isn't the case at this show. I love what both of them have come up with, especially Dan's Kelly & Mike's Tele!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+1 I can't/won't choose either. They both kick ass

+2

EJ

Comment

Both are amazing talents. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Mike comes here, participates on the forum and gives us teasers, Dan doesn't(other than 1 or 2 posts) - Mike wins, for me. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I voted Dan for bringing back the classics this year.

I think Mike is flat out amazing, his skill is unparalleled.

But, I have a soft spot for Dan this year.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

no offense to Mike Learn, he's a great artist but I don't care for his 99% of the graphic work done on Charvel/Jacksons
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Mike has super skills, incredible hand. He is doing stuff wich probably appeal more for younger players, I do find some of his graphics really amazing but I just don't dig the whole skull, gothic, dark, etc. thing.

I like Dan's oldschool stuff the most.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I abstain, because they both KICK ASS and are probably pushing each other (in a good way) to be more creative and killer with every guitar they do.

Comment

Working...
                              X