Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Pricelists are Out

[ QUOTE ]
    Sully all upcharges on the pricesheet are list. So you think the strat upcharge should be the same as a 3/4 quilt cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

to be perfectly honest, i don't really know how much i care about it, if at all. it is what it is. if you want a strathead, that's what it's going to cost. you have the choice now. you didn't before.

[ QUOTE ]
    I had said in another topic that 120 or so would be acceptable to me as an upcharge. I don't think 300 is.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, list. if you wind up paying $300 for the upcharge, you need a different dealer.

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm sorry but Warmoth, USA CG and Musikraft all have licensing deals and they don't have such crazy pricing.

[/ QUOTE ]

complain and rationalize it all you want, but you're not comparing apples to apples, here. you can get a warmoth (etc)strathead, sure. it's still not the same headstock shape nor is the neck carve the same.

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe John has a legit explanation for the large price bump.

[/ QUOTE ]

with all due respect, it seems as if you're looking more for an apology. no matter what rationale is given, it's not going to make you feel any better about it.

[ QUOTE ]
    But I think I'll be going with a pointy for mine which is a bit of a pity.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's as much of a pity as you want it to be.

[ QUOTE ]
    I think they will see an increase in custom orders but not as much if the upcharge had been under $150.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way to know, and really, it's not like we'll ever get that data. i don't mean to take it out on you personally, chris, but jesus guys, either get one or don't. i understand that it's cool that we get to voice an opinion to the manufacturer, but really, how much weight do you think that opinion has? i don't mean it in a bad way, but the answer is "not a lot."

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, why you even try, no one will be ever satisfied no matter what the J/C does.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I don't agree with that, there many things cool about J/C guitars. But most things that they "do" are in benefit of there own(just like any normal business)
        They just see that there's a marketed, for people that would like to buy a Charvel with a "strathead". Fender thinks well since we own JC it's ok, but with licence costs.

Fender happy
        More people become attracted to now a day Charvel’s because of the availability of a strathead.

Customers "happy" they can buy a Charvel with a strathead, with an up charge that cost about $200

Comment

Exactly, Endrik. Charvel guys have been asking for this for ages and now that it is available, it's no good. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

I think the Strat head availability is fantastic news for Charvel fans and I think the fact that a company like this is listening to the fans/buyers is also great news. Who gives a flying f*&k what the cost is? It's Fender's product to license and Charvels to price as they see fit. As Sully said, buy one or don't.
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Exactly, Endrik. Charvel guys have been asking for this for ages and now that it is available, it's no good. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            well that is not at all what I said, and I didn't see any other comments matching your hyperbole. you do yourself and your purpose a disservice if you can't argue your point in the proper perspective.

I love the guitars, and I clearly said I took issue with one aspect of the pricing of the new strathead design.

[ QUOTE ]
            I think the Strat head availability is fantastic news for Charvel fans and I think the fact that a company like this is listening to the fans/buyers is also great news.

[/ QUOTE ]
            me too

[ QUOTE ]
            Who gives a flying f*&k what the cost is? It's Fender's product to license and Charvels to price as they see fit.

[/ QUOTE ]
            lots of people "give a flying fuck what the cost is" friend. there are a lot of guys here who don't have much, either by lifestyle choice or whatever.

and as I pointed out, it's just price gouging because they know they can get away with it. that's business for ya. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Who was disparaged by my remarks? Buy one or don't - simple as that. Pissing and moaning about something you evidently have no intention of purchasing is more disparaging than anything I ,or anyone else who applauds this news, have stated...pal.

As to the "shrewdness" with which I dispurse my funds... [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Nice try, Kreskin. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I have no great love for fender. I sold my last fender product in 19 fukin 85! I never really thought they would do it (at least not his soon) so I am now eating crow and smiling while doing it.

I think everyone should stop complaining. We asked for it. We have it. You can get a new charvel built exactly the way that you want it, period. What, did you think it would be cheap. What planet is that. They now that most of us are in our 30s and 40s and have the money for these things. SO they are going to get theres too.

I can not wait to play one. This if fukin awsome! And the Demartinis. If those thing play 1/2 as good as they look damn!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for listining!!!!!!!!!
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

skorb edited his post and now I look like I have Tourettes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyway, our opinions differ on this obviously. No harm done. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    skorb edited his post and now I look like I have Tourettes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyway, our opinions differ on this obviously. No harm done. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    edited, whatcha talkin bout Willis? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

it's all good, hell if I had the scratch I'd buy a strathead Charvel right this minute, even though I'd still grumble about that upcharge. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      no matter what rationale is given, it's not going to make you feel any better about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Actually it would, I'm not one to usually complain about this stuff Sully but this seems rather harsh. List price or not (once again 225 is the magic number). I respect John and I definitely respect that he comes here and even talks to us at all and this isn't directed at him, this is just my honest opinions on it. You can call my opinion bullshit or whatever (thats directed more at Jimmy than you Sully) but the fact is back in that big ass strathead thread we had I said what I would consider a reasonable price point. This isn't it. I wasn't general about what I was looking for and to be honest it IS a pity about the strathead thing. But its a business decisions and I'm not gonna insult them about it, but I don't have to think its reasonable either. I'm not gonna continue to go back and forth about this, it serves no purpose. But I'm sure John will eventually post his thoughts and comments and it would make a difference if he had a reasonable explanation Sully.

And as far as the two customs go, when the time comes I will run both through Matt and see which one comes out cheaper. I like both, and I'm no charvel collector so aside from a more "vintage" feel I have no preference of one more than the other.

But come on Sully don't you think the 600 (450) for the standard model is just excessive?

Comment

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I'm thinking that one of the issues that may have come up when they were deciding on the upcharge had to be a concern about undermining sales of the artist models like the EVH art series & the new WD models, not to mention pointies that are already in stores. Fuck it, I'm getting one. I've narrowed it down to 4 choices ( [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]): Eldred Flames, 7-Up green, Tangerine, or ALB Quilt top, floyd, 1-piece birdseye neck. Layout will either be 1 hum or H-S, still on the fence. I think an Eldred Flames Ltd. run might fly judging by the interest, but details might sink it...

Comment

can't wait for posts like "why should I pay that amount of money for guitars wich doesn't feel exactly like the old SD Charvies (even if the new ones are better))" or something like that.

Tragicomedy, that's what it is
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Heh you won't see those posts from me, but I wouldn't be suprised if someone says it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] tick, tock.
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I am very neutral here, but from the outside, the upcharge does seam kind of excessive.I would think about $100-150(stock and custom) Retail would be fair, then minus the discount on the dealer level. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X