No announcement yet.

Charvel 7-string San Dimas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed the guitar Sully finished for you, somehow.

A one year wait is a little grim, but there was a claim - albeit likely to be poorly informed - over on ss.org that the wait times are one to two years. Two years would be doubly grim. Hopefully we'll get to ogle your guitar at the end of this year. I'll look forward to it... but probably not as much as you will!

Comment

That's awesome, K! Are they 22- or 24-fretters?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

22 Fret
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Hey K..that is absolutely stunning !!! I LOVE these. My mains are my 95s SD-1 Koa and Trans Geen SD-III, that I bought new. They are my treasure. These reminds me of them. I'd prefer tradition fret markers, because that's what I'm used to. Koa with gold hardware like My main one would be 1000% perfect. I would prolly try 7 string again..

I bought an Import Jaqckson 7 w' floyd..black ..satin hardware DR-7R or whatever from Chris (Firebird V). It's very nice, but I couldn't gel with it. I gave it to my son, who's putting it to good use. So that's cool.

BTW K , it's nice to see you! I'm not on FB or anything...just here. I hope and wish all the best for you and fam.

I'm coping..such is life. It keeps ya busy! Too busy!

Billz
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Update: I purchased the Black one hum 7-string. It arrived yesterday. It's going back to the store I bought it from. Absolutely horrible setup, more than 4mm at the 12th. String buzz at the 10th fret D, G and high B. Not sure if it just needed a tweak, a shim, a truss adjustment, but it definitely needs a detailed setup and I wasn't going to give it one with a possible neck issue and combined with the fact it didn't seem worth the $$$$. Very sterile feeling. It sounded fine. It didn't look or feel like a $3.3k guitar. Rolled fretboard edge with under-width frets... made it feel comfy, but didn't feel "CJ" to me, it felt kinda generic.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
            X