Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Phil Collen model for 2011? Teaser Pic inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like an SG got slipped a ruffie by a Les Paul, and then an abortion was attempted, and it lived.

I usually don't give a rats ass about sig models, but I always thought Phil's models looked classy, even if I'm not really a fan of his. They are still way out of the range I want to pay for a fiddle, but that blue one in the pic above is beautiful. This Supreme thing is far from Supreme...it's a giant leap backwards.
    My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

That guitar doesnt look that bad at all but I do have to agree between the looks of a Les Paul and SG. I do like the natural look and the arch-top design of that guitar.
      Guitars:
      2011 Jackson PC-1 Adrenalize Custom Shop
      1994 Jackson Professional Dinky XL Pearl White

Comment

Does anybody have the specs for the neck? It looks thick as hell, but it'd be neat to compare it to the production PC1's and the PC Supreme.

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
        that guitar would be cool if it were just a bit different. if you changed the horns, the finish, the shape, the bridge.

I think if it looked kinda like this it could be pretty cool.

Man... That's an amazing top. :shocked: :drool: I never realized how gorgeous the PC1's were... Might need to make a switch...

Comment

It's .840in (21.34mm) just behind the first fret and the fretboard is 1.719in (43.68mm) wide at the first fret.
          .909in (23.1mm) just behind the 12th fret and the fretboard is 2.051in (52.1mm) wide at the 12th fret.
          I used a digital caliper for these measurements.

I don't know the specs on the supreme although I've been told by my buddy who was at NAMM said he thought the neck seemed a little thicker on it than the PC1
          You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

The pc1 is so sexy and classy looking; that fugly guitar doesn't stand a chance! No offense to anyone else but I also thought the morton dominion was a fugly looking guitar. These two guitars don't look they should have a jackson logo anywhere on them...
            Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
            Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

That headstock looks like dog shit.Just my opinion.
              BLS/SDMF

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                Phil is a crazy shredder.... he usually goes crazy live and plays a bunch of sonic wankery. good thing Mutt Lange kept a leash on him in the studio, otherwise the CDs would all sound like that.
                I've seen them live a couple of times, and seen the live DVDs and stuff and don't remember seeing him playing a bunch of sonic wankery. And Mutt hasn't been producing their albums for YEARS, yet there's been practically no shredding on them either.
                If only what you said was true, DL would be a much better band these days! More sonic wankery is needed badly.
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

PC Supreme?

PC Sub-par, more like it

The body isn't that bad, but the headstock kills it all by itself
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

has this turdmobile made it to production yet? I hear those galactic clown puke models are getting lonely on the shelves, perhaps these models can keep them company??
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

The thing isn't the prettiest guitar I've ever seen but it should sound good with what it's made of.
                      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

If it aint broke don't fix it, I rather see a pc1 with a reverse strat head and ebony fretboard, pearl vintage logo. That headstock sucks.

Comment

IF you'd rather see a PC-1, just buy one. They're not stopping production on them are they? I think this is just something a bit different for Phil to play with. I would buy a PC-1 over that any day, but people buy all sorts of ugly ass guitars - I mean who would ever pay money because they like how any Gretsch guitar looks?
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yes as a matter of fact I think they do. lol Different strokes for different folks. It's all good as long as it plays.

Comment

Remeber the episode of Seinfeld when they went to see the ugly baby. That was my reaction, pretty freakin fugly.

Comment

Originally posted by rattlehead74 View Post
                                Remeber the episode of Seinfeld when they went to see the ugly baby. That was my reaction, pretty freakin fugly.
                                *Buys Jackson PC Supreme*
                                So Rattlehead74, when are you coming to see the BAY-BEE?!

Comment

Working...
                                X