Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Phil Collen model for 2011? Teaser Pic inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to take this opportunity to propose "Taintscratcher" as the unofficial headstock name.

Comment

well, I can see the next "______________ shaped headstock hater thread" warming up now.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
        well, I can see the next "TAINTSCRATCHER headstock hater thread" warming up now.
        Fixed!

Comment

Wow, yeah that thing looks like poo! I remember seeing that video a few weeks back, but I never thought it was a Jackson!

Comment

Well, after seeing the video, I can say the body is not that bad but also not too attractive either, however, the headstock should have been the regular pointy one to insinuate that it's a bad ass. IMO the guitar in it's current state is awkward looking for the Jackson brand!
            -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby8 View Post
              +1

This guy playing is really nervous.
              Almost every video I have seen of him playing without the band sounds like this.

I miss Steve Clark.

Comment

that thing is SERIOUSLY FUCKING UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously hope Jackson doesnt consider making that a production model. bring back the original collen model instead. that thing is craptacular. I have seen better looking guitars at the pawn shop on 5 dollar tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                  Almost every video I have seen of him playing without the band sounds like this.

I miss Steve Clark.
                  Here's another vid of him with the PC1 smacking the switches and hitting the strings really hard the same way and playing the same shitty riffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Qsx...eature=related

Comment

he really rips, but he seems to lack musical direction. he seemed to have more melody back in the day. he just burns now.

Comment

Ugh. Who designed this POS? Pablo or Phil? I can't tell
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        Ugh. Who designed this POS? Pablo or Phil? I can't tell
                        it looks to me like it was a collaboration between Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles.

First the galactic clown puke PC1, now this. If this shit keeps up, send his ass over to Ibenhad or Espeee.

Comment

it looks to me like it was a collaboration between Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles.

First the galactic clown puke PC1, now this. If this shit keeps up, send his ass over to Ibenhad or Espeee.

F***, that sh*t is hilarious! You're indeed one brutal sob. I hope the Jackson team reads your comment and get inspired.
                          -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

If this shit keeps up, send his ass over to Ibenhad or Espeee.
                            Don't give him away, jeez...trade him to get Lynch back.

Comment

Well, a couple things. First I don't think the guitar was designed with JCF in mind, I think it was designed for the guy in the video. He likes it and that's kind of what matters if it's his new signature model. I don't think the Mart Morton is all that attractive either but a lot of people like them. Second, and this is entirely a matter of opinion only - yeah that headstock sucks balls. I don't hate the body, would like to see it in a better color or with a flame top or something. That one looks really plain jane and is probably not the finished product, at least i hope it's not.

It's something different, so that's at least something.
                              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

It's still better than Dave Mustaine's ESP Axxion!
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X