X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jacksons for 2010

Just came across this list on another board:

SLAT3-6 Soloist Archtop, Rosewood Fretboard, Black, w/ Case $1,099.99
    SLAT3-6 Soloist Archtop, Rosewood Fretboard, Gun Metal Grey, w/ Case $1,099.99
    SLAT3-6 Soloist Archtop, Rosewood Fretboard, Green Swirl, w/ Case $1,274.99
    SLAT3-6 Soloist Archtop, Rosewood Fretboard, Transparent Black, w/ Case $1,239.99
    SLAT3-7 Soloist Archtop 7 String, Rosewood Fretboard, Black, w/ Case $1,199.99
    SLAT3-7 Soloist Archtop 7 String, Rosewood Fretboard, Gun Metal Grey, w/ Case $1,199.99
    SLAT3-7 Soloist Archtop 7 String, Rosewood Fretboard, Green Swirl, w/ Case $1,374.99
    SLAT3-7 Soloist Archtop 7 String, Rosewood Fretboard, Transparent Black, w/ Case $1,374.99

Supposedly everything Jackson is releasing this year. If this is true, it's pretty damn disappointing in my opinion. Hooray for a 7-string model for the 7stringplayers out there, but other than that... meh.

I've yet to see something cool, still hoping though.

Yeah very weak. I just saw the Ibanez 2010 PDF catalog. SEVERAL new models. Seems to be a trend here.

Comment

Archtop 7's? Blech.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Well, if you're into Archtop Soloists, this news is as cool as fuck!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think its funny as Jackson always says in its promos "We constantly keep innovating" and yet their most innovative models have been around for years and have never become production axes.

Comment

I was really hoping for a maple-board SL3.

Comment

I remember all the 2009 hype this time, last year. Far as I remember, wasn't the Death Angel meant to be an '09 release?
              Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
              Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

rosewood board = FAIL

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
                  rosewood board = FAIL
                  MIJ at those prices.

Would have been nice to see a Sweetone comeback, but, the economy sucks.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Well, if you're into Archtop Soloists, this news is as cool as fuck!
                    +1
                    I don't know why they ever would have stopped making one. ESP, Schecter, washburn and other all have them and I am sure that they have huge sales with them.

Comment

They should have gone Ebony for the 7's and Maple for the 6's.. but i do like me some archtop soloist

Comment

Very lame indeed, especially when you are a non strat shape player!

Comment

Yup, SLAT3 = MIJ because of the 3, if Jackson is being consistent with their naming.

I had one of the MIJ "SL2H" Sam Ash archtop Soloists and I couldn't get right with it, but yeah, if you've been missing the SLAT's this is great news.

I don't know if rosewood has just gotten really awful over the last decade and a half but I just do not care for the rosewood I see on newer guitars, it's all lumpy with huge grain pores most of the time, not nice and tight and smooth like my old Fusion HH. :dunno:

Comment

Anyone got a link for these guitars?
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I really want to see some pics of the 7 strings...

EDIT: (Oh! Thanks Matt) Just saw the pics... the headstock looks really ugly at that size! Damn I was really hoping to get into these
                              Last edited by ekalb09; 01-06-2010, 06:39 PM.
                              "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Working...
                              X